Storyline 360 - video replay's every time when we try to click on the seekbar in chrome

Jul 27, 2018

Hi,

Im working on a project where there are many video slides and few normal text slides. We have modified in such a way that the video slides has seekbar and i have enabled the seekbar so that the video can be moved back and forth. I have published the project for Scorm 1.2 and given to the client. The client had uploaded it in their LMS which is called as Success Factor. We are facing few problems when we run this project in chrome, IE 11 and Edge with Success Factor LMS.

1. The problem happens when the user tries to move the seekbar back and forth. When the user try and click any part of the seekbar, the video replays from starting. This problem happens only in chrome and the chrome version is "Version 67.0.3396.99 (Official Build) (64-bit)". 

2. In the project there are more than 1 video slides. Always the first video loads but the 2nd video doesn't load at all and we are getting a blank white screen and the seekbar moves. This also happens only in chrome.

3. Once the project is completed and when we try to review the entire project, the video gets loaded without any problem in chrome.

4. In IE 11 and Edge, if we try to click on the seekbar, the video doesn't replay but hangs for few sec and starts to play. But sometimes, the video gets frozen and couldn't able to move forward and this issue is random.

All the above issue happens only if the course is loaded from the client side LMS which is Success Factor.  I tried to upload the same course in scorm cloud and it worked perfectly in all the browsers.

So i need your advice on what will be the problem and how to solve it.

Regards,

Victor.

65 Replies
Becca Levan

Thanks for reaching out, Melanie!

When scrubbing the seekbar in Review 360 and your LMS, does the video restart? Are you using the Classic Player or the Modern Player?

We'll need to look at your project if possible to help determine the issue, so I created a support case on your behalf. Could you upload your project with the private link I emailed to you? We'll reach out with an update shortly after reviewing your file!

Frank Gutierrez

Hi, we are having the same issue when we post the project to our server in HTML5. It works fine when played on our local drive and on review. I would like some insight on how to resolve the issue. The video restarts when using the seekbar or using jump to precise moment triggers, tried both modern and classic players.

Jose Tansengco

Hi Randy, 

With your permission, I'd like to take a look at your Rise 360 course to investigate what's happening. Would you mind sending me a copy of it for testing? Here's how:

1) Go to your Rise 360 dashboard: https://rise.articulate.com

2) Hover over your course and click the ellipsis (…) that appears, then select "Send a copy."

3) When the email form appears, enter support@articulate.com in the email address field, then copy and paste this text into the message field:

For Jose Tansengco
From randy.cruz@penske.com
Community Post https://community.articulate.com/discussions/articulate-storyline/storyline-360-video-replay-s-every-time-when-we-try-to-click-on-the-seekbar-in-chrome?page=3#reply-802162

4) Click Send.

Please include additional details, such as which browsers you've tested the issue on so I can properly test your course. Thank you.

Randy Cruz

Hi Jose,
I don't have access the Rise to share at this point, but here is the review that youll see the issue in the first video: https://360.articulate.com/review/content/75ea5116-7ed1-4b75-8da7-a4cd93b517b0/review

I can work on getting access to it to share.

Randy Cruz
Senior Manager, Learning Design and Solutions

C 610-393-5747
T 267-897-9202
Chat with me in Teams!
Video call me in Teams!
Book a meeting with me!
Penske
Rental I Leasing I Logistics
2675 Morgantown Road
Reading, PA 19607 USA

Jose Tansengco

Hi Randy, 

Here's a recording I made showing what happens when I use the seekbar in the first video in your course. You can see that in my test, using the seekbar doesn't reset the video to the beginning. 

Google Chrome Version 102.0.5005.115 (Official Build) (x86_64)

Safari Version 15.5 (17613.2.7.1.8)

I'd like to ask a few questions to help clarify the experience: 

• How many users are affected?
  • Is the issue only happening on computers managed by your organization? 
  • Does connecting to a different network help?
  • Are you able to replicate the issue in incognito/private mode? 
Daniel Webb

My IT was able to fix it for me here is what they said the problem was. 

We are utilizing Cisco Umbrella roaming security and noticed that traffic to 360.articulate.com was being sent directly however video content being loaded from articulateusercontent.com was being relay proxied. After removing this proxy behavior the video playback functions correctly.

Bonnie Tomlin

I am having a similar issue, but not just with video. When I move the seek bar, the audio starts over, but the animation plays at the point I have selected. This only happens the first time I view each page. Once I select another page in the menu and return, the seek bar works as expected. One more trick, i only see this on Chrome and Edge. FireFox maintains the audio and animation synched as I click on the seek bar. I did "recreate" one of the .story files with a new Player. I pulled in the existing slides to this new shell, but still see the same issue with the seek bar starting the audio over on the first time through. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Kelly Auner

Hi Bonnie,

Thanks for reaching out and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue! If you're comfortable sharing your file with us, I'd be happy to take a closer look and do some further testing. You can upload it here or share it privately in a support case. We'll delete it from our systems once troubleshooting is complete!