Storyline Using Triggers not working in latest SL360

Sep 01, 2021

Hello,

One of my colleagues has updated his version of Storyline 360 today to the latest version (3.55.25975.0) and have several attempts of publishing, removing/re-adding actions and uploading and testing on Scorm Cloud, we are not getting the "Using Triggers" tracking option working when we use "Complete course as Completed/Passed ... when the timeline starts on this slide."  This is one of the completion methods that we've used on and off since it was introduced a few years ago.

The screenshot attached shows both the tracking option that we're using as well as the trigger (on the right) which actions on slide load.

Having checked the SCORM log, there is no reference to setting cmi.core.lesson_status to complete (only the initial launches).

I suspect this might be a regression error (I think it's happened before)in the latest SL360 update.

Thanks,
Chris

6 Replies
Ren Gomez

Hi Chris,

Thanks for reaching out. We have been seeing reports of the Complete Course trigger not working when using the Classic Player in Storyline 360, Update 55. 

Can you confirm that you're using the Classic Player?

If so, I'm sorry you're running into this! Our team is actively working on this issue, and we'll pop back in here as soon as we have news to share on a fix.

Becca Levan

Exciting news, Chris! 🗞

We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Update 56, we’ve included important fixes and new features. Here's the item you'll be interested in:

Fixed: Complete course trigger isn't working when using the Classic Player in Storyline 360 (Build 3.55.25954.0)

Just launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for each application—details here.

Please let us know if you have any questions or reach out to our Support Engineers directly!