Storyline version

Dec 15, 2020

Hello:

I am experiencing the file is corrupt notification very frequently after I create storylines. Can you verify if I am working in the most up to date version. V3.46.23620.0 is the version that appears when I clicked "help" for details.

Linda 

1 Reply
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Linda,

Thanks for reaching out to share what you are experiencing as well as the current version you are working with. We had an update on December 15th. You can always see the latest version and details on our Version History page.

If notifications are enabled in your preferences, you’ll get an instant Windows notification when an update is available. And you’ll always see when an update is available as soon as you open the Articulate 360 desktop app, as shown here:

To install an update for the Articulate 360 desktop app, simply click the blue Update button in the top right corner. The update will automatically download and install without any additional prompts.

You can then click the Install button for any of the desktop-authoring apps. You’ll see a progress bar for each app while it’s installing, then the Install button will change to an Open button when the installation is complete.

You also mentioned that you're getting corrupt notifications, so I am also curious if you're working locally with your software, project files, and assets.

File corruption is unpredictable, and there's no straightforward way to determine what causes it. Common causes are environmental (disk errors, power outages, improper shutdowns), viruses, failed Windows updates, and even file size (i.e., very large files have a higher risk of corrupting). Consider using the preventative measures described in this article to protect your project files.