Unable to save Project

Oct 06, 2017

Hi everyone,

I've been working on a project and when I come to save it i get the following the error message:

"The project file could not be saved. ParentContainerClosed"

Anyone know what this means?

Thanks

Paul

2 Replies
Anna Liza Escondo

Hi Paul,

I've seen this error in this post a few months back.  It was also discussed here.  It looks like the possible cause of this error are as follows:

• the project is not saved in your local drive
  • insufficient hard disk space
  • the file name contains a wildcard or is longer than 256 characters  

If addressing the above does not resolve the issue then maybe you can try to repair Storyline.  Hope this helps.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Paul,

I'm sorry you've run into that error - never a fun one to see. I'd agree with Anna Liza's suggestion about working locally to prevent odd behavior (described a bit more here) and I'd also look at trying to import the existing .story file into a new Storyline project to see if it resolves any of the errors. 

Lastly, if you still can't open it there may be a copy saved in your temp folders. Here's how to check:

1) Open this folder in Windows Explorer: %appdata%\Articulate\Storyline

2) Scan the contents of this folder for a file that starts with the name of your project. If you find one, copy it to your desktop. If you find more than one, copy the latest version to your desktop.

3) Change the file extension of the copy on your desktop from *.tmp to *.story.

4) Double-click the file to open it in Storyline. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.