Upgrading (Converting) from SL1 to SL360 breaks SL file

Oct 23, 2017

All of the layers in the timeline are lost. Is anyone else running into this? See attached image.

The slide thunbnails still show content, but all timeline items are toast. This has happened for 2 other developers on different computers. Thought I'd check before submitting a ticket. This is a new bug I think as it used to work.

5 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

I peeked in on your case this morning, Bill. It looks like we've had a number of users who reported the same issue, and we’ve logged it as a possible software bug.

I see my colleague Abel recommended upgrading your projects to Storyline 2 first, then to Storyline 360 as a workaround. Be sure to let us know if that works for you.

We'll keep you posted on any updates we receive on this bug. Thanks again for bringing it to our attention, and I'm sorry it's causing headaches!

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Bill,

We fixed some issues that could occur when upgrading Storyline 1 and Storyline 2 projects to Storyline 360, such as blank slides and incorrect text wrapping in the latest update to Articulate 360 released this morning. 

You can launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for each application. Details here.

Please let us know if you have any questions, either here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly. 

Jose Tansengco

Hi Mike,

Sorry to hear that you still encountered issues when you converted your Storyline 1 project file. I opened a support case on your behalf so our support engineers can help figure out what's happening. Be on the look out for any messages in your inbox with support case number 03225363 in the subject line.