Variables!

Feb 26, 2020

Hi all,

I am trying to create a table in which the user selects a number of different statements and is given a score at the end as a result.
Having never really had to use variable up until this point, it is safe to say the struggle is real.
There are a number of positive statements and a number of negative statements, so ideally the change readiness score would adjust accordingly with each, +1 for a positive, -1 for a negative.
I thought I had it first time but everytime you click off and back on to one of the statements the score jumps more.
Any help would be greatly appreciated - have attached the file on here too in case anyone wants to amend/play around with it.

Thanks.
Adam

2 Replies
Ren Gomez

Hi Adam,

Happy to help, and thanks for sharing your file! If you're only concerned with adjusting the "Change Readiness Score" variable, you may not need to worry about all the other variables you've created for each response.

My recommendation is to focus on that specific variable and use your next button as a submit button to calculate the results. Try this instead:

• For a positive response: Add 1 to the variable changereadinessscore when the user clicks the next arrow on the condition that the checkbox has a state of selected.
  • For a negative response: Subtract 1 to the variable changereadinessscore when the user clicks the next arrow on the condition that the checkbox has a state of selected.

Please note, this will only work if the user isn't able to return to this slide, as the variable calculates once they move forward. I've done the first few questions for you as an example, but feel free to let us know if this doesn't quite point you in the right direction!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.