Viewing Articulate 360 Content in SharePoint Online
May 20, 2022
Enabling Custom Scripts in SharePoint Online
Custom scripts are now disabled in SharePoint Online for security reasons by default. As a result, Articulate content with the story.html file renamed to story.aspx in the published output that previously worked with SharePoint Online might not work anymore.
If you don't need to track learners' progress or results, check out these free or low-cost options for web hosting.
If you need to use SharePoint Online, your SharePoint admin may be able to resolve this issue by following the steps below, depending on whether or not you need access immediately. (Note that we don't provide support for either workaround.)
Enabling Custom Script via the SharePoint Admin Center
If you don't need instant access, follow these steps.
- Go to the SharePoint admin center and sign in with your credentials.
- In the sidebar to the left of the page, click Settings. (If you're using the Modern admin center, click the classic settings page hyperlink at the bottom of the Settings page.)
- Scroll to the Custom Script section, then select the options to Allow users to run custom script on personal sites and Allow users to run custom script on self-service created sites.
- Click OK to save your changes. Note that this change may take up to 24 hours to appear.
Enabling Custom Script in SharePoint Online via PowerShell
For instant access, follow these steps.
- Open Windows PowerShell with admin privileges, then run Install-Module -Name PnP.PowerShell
- Run this command: Connect-PnPOnline -Url <url> -PnPManagementShell (replace <url> with your SharePoint URL, which will then generate a code for you to insert in your SharePoint admin center.)
- Run these commands in PowerShell: (replace the URL after -Url in the first command with the link to your static site collection, such as https://companyabc.sharepoint.com/sites/StaticSite).
(If you need help creating a SharePoint site, refer to this article from Microsoft.)
- Connect-PnPOnline -Url https://yourorg.sharepoint.com/sites/StaticSite
- $site = Get-PnPSite
- Set-PnPSite -Identity $site.URL -NoScriptSite $false
Your SharePoint site is almost ready to host HTML files! We just need to prepare the Articulate published output for upload. Here's how.
- In SharePoint, choose where you will locate this project. You can create a new folder or use the Documents location created by default with all SharePoint sites.
- Rename all the files with an .html extension in your unzipped published output folder to .aspx (keep the same file name). To do this, right-click the file and choose Rename and then replace .html with .aspx. (Most projects only need to have both the analytics-frame.html and story.html files renamed.)
- Upload the published output to your SharePoint site, then click story.aspx to launch your Articulate course. This change should take effect immediately.