Forum Discussion

• Do you still get those white spaces if you crop the picture down some?

• Hi Bérengère,

I'm seeing similar behavior with images that I've added a border on, regardless of if they have been cropped. I'll share this with my team as a possible bug, as I know they were investigating a similar situation where there was a think white line around the player as a whole. 

I'll keep you posted here once I have information to share. 

• Hello, I am having this same issue with images.  When I put a border around a photo of one px, there is blank space between the edge of the photo and the border of about one px on the right and bottom edges.

JenifferBrubake
      Community Member

Hello, here is an example of a photo placed in Storyline and then viewed in Preview.  Notice the white line on the right and bottom of the image.

• Hello Jeniffer!

I've tested this on my end using Storyline 360 (Build 3.50.24668.0), and I see a small white area between the top of the picture and the line of the border. Here's my test. I only see this when zooming in. Is this similar to what you see on your end?

If so, I'll make sure to update our team on this bug! Thank you for bringing this to our attention. 

JenifferBrubake
      Community Member

Hello, thank you for replying. Here is a screenshot of what I am seeing. I
      placed a blue box behind the images to show you how the background shows
      through the frame on the right side and bottom. My computer screen is
      quite large and has a very high resolution (3840 x 2160) and perhaps it
      looks okay on a screen with a smaller resolution. I have also had quite a
      lot of trouble getting things to line up when I switch from design mode to
      preview or publish mode. Everything is skewed just a bit and even when I
      use the align tools, things don't look perfectly aligned sometimes. I
      adjusted some of the grid settings as shown below and this seemed to help,
      but I am new to Storyline so not sure if there are other things I can try
      for alignment. Thanks again for the response.

Jeniffer Brubaker

[image: image.png]

[image: image.png]

LaurenConnelly
        Staff

Hello Jeniffer!

Thank you for those details! It looks like you replied to this discussion via email, so the image attachments didn't come through. No worries! Would you mind attaching them to this discussion instead?

• Hi there, I see these conversations are 2-3 years old. I just have the same issue. Is this a permanent bug? How can we resolve this thin white spaces between the pictures and the frame? Thank you.

JoseTansengco
      Staff

Hi Alper, 

Sorry to hear that you ran into this snag. 

We're no longer seeing any reports of this issue for the most recent version of Storyline 360. With that being said, would you be willing to share a copy of your project file here or in private by opening a support case so we can take a closer look at what's happening on the images in your file? We'll delete it when we're done testing!

• Hi Joe,

Attached an example slide, I'm seeing the white line between the picture and frame, on top and on the left side.

My screen resolution is 1980x1020

Thanks for your assistance.

• Hi Alper,

Thanks for sharing the Storyline project! It helped a lot for us to understand the issue. I see the erratic white lines, so I went ahead and opened a Support case on your behalf so we can dig deeper into the problem. Please expect one of our talented Customer Support Engineers to reach out to you via email shortly.

Enjoy your weekend ahead!