Forum Discussion

Tim_
Community Member
5 months ago

Carousel images not (always) loading

Did something recently change in carousels (both image and quote carousels) that prevent the image from properly fully loading. It seems like there might be something that prevents the image from pre-loading, which means the image tries to load only when the carousel page is visible. This affects the editor and Review.

There is now a noticeable delay (1-2 seconds) between clicking the arrow to show the next slide and the image actually appearing. The user is also unable to navigate away from a page that isn't fully loaded.

Is this just me, or have you noticed the same thing?

Example: https://360.articulate.com/review/content/8e72176c-9258-4ffe-bc8c-8498df86d227/review

• Hi Tim,

Sorry to hear that you ran into this behavior. 

I tested the carousel block in a new Rise 360 course and the images loaded just fine. Here's a recording of my test results. Can you replicate the behavior in a new Rise 360 course using a different set of images?

If the issue is specific to the images in your recording, would you mind sharing copies here so I can use them in my tests? If all images are loading slowly for you, please open a case with our support team here so we can look at what's causing the issue.

PhilFoss
      Community Member

You'll notice in Jose's test it shows 'resume course' meaning he had already visited the carousel and potentially already loaded the images, to avoid recording the bug. This should be tested fresh as in Tim's recording.

kathykikkert
    Community Member

I'm having the same issue.  They are either compressed and don't show up at all, or skip every second picture in a carousel.

• I am having the same issue as well. The images are not always loading and you have to click on the screen to get the image to appear as the image does not always show up after a delay. I thought it was just a glitch with the software but it is also happening after I load the course to my LMS system. 

trainee5
    Community Member

I'm experiencing the same issue. Is there an update on this? 

• Hi everyone!

Thank you for reaching out.

I wanted to pop in and ask if this is still occurring for you in the Carousel Image block? We'd be happy to investigate your files further within a support case

Thanks for sharing your experience with us!

kathykikkert
      Community Member

Yes, it is. And I will not be able to finish my project using Rise if this is not fixed soon.

--------
      Kathy Kikkert
      Consultant and
      KP Learn Administrator

Kaiser Permanente
      National Facilities Design and Construction
      Learning and Development

(510) 220-8778 (mobile)

FDC-Learning & Development (kp.org)

NOTICE TO RECIPIENT: If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are prohibited from sharing, copying, or otherwise using or disclosing its contents. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and permanently delete this e-mail and any attachments without reading, forwarding or saving them. v.173.295 Thank you.

kathykikkert
      Community Member

It is still not loading pictures in the carousel. Please fix.

--------
      Kathy Kikkert
      Consultant and
      KP Learn Administrator

Kaiser Permanente
      National Facilities Design and Construction
      Learning and Development

(510) 220-8778 (mobile)

FDC-Learning & Development (kp.org)

NOTICE TO RECIPIENT: If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are prohibited from sharing, copying, or otherwise using or disclosing its contents. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and permanently delete this e-mail and any attachments without reading, forwarding or saving them. v.173.295 Thank you.

JoseTansengco
        Staff

Hi Kathy, 

I'd like to test your course to see if I can isolate what's preventing the carousel block from loading correctly for you. Would you mind sending me a copy of your Rise 360 course privately for testing? Here's how:

1) Go to your Rise 360 dashboard: https://rise.articulate.com

2) Hover over your course and click the ellipsis (…) that appears, then select "Send a copy."

3) When the email form appears, enter support@articulate.com in the email address field, then copy and paste this text into the message field:

For Jose Tansengco
        From kathy.x.kikkert@kp.org
        Case 00853613

4) Click Send.

When you share the file, I'll receive a notification. I'll review your course and get back to you as quickly as possible. And I'll delete our copy of your course when we're done troubleshooting the issue.

• Hi there I am having this issue too for some users when the course is published and on the LMS.  Is there a solution?  Thanks

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi Amanda!

Sorry to hear you've also been affected by this issue!

Does this behavior only occur when viewing the course through your LMS? If so, have you had a chance to test the published output with SCORM Cloud? This can help pinpoint if the issue is LMS-specific.

However, if you're also experiencing this while previewing the lesson within Rise 360, across all browsers, it would be helpful to see a link to the course. If you would like to share that privately, please connect with our team through a support case.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

• Yes only via our LMS and only a few users.  I uploaded to SCORM cloud. It worked perfectly for me.  But it did have an entry for Parser Warnings but no idea what it all means. I've attached them in case anyone is able to decipher the code? Are there any issues with particular browsers to be aware of?

EricSantos
      Staff

Hi Amanda,

I'm happy to chime in! Thank you for sharing your test results.

Regarding the parser warnings, an advanced feature of an XML file is to provide styling information, and most XML files are raw without any styles. The styles provided by SCORM Cloud do not have styling, and the browser just gives a warning. We can ignore this message.

Since the course works perfectly when uploaded to SCORM Cloud but not in your LMS, I recommend reaching out to the LMS administrator. Something might have changed with the LMS the last time it worked correctly.

Let us know if your LMS administrator needs any information from us. We'd be happy to help.