Forum Discussion

MarcoPece-62960
Community Member
2 months ago

Getting "Error Initializing Comm with LMS" issue on iPad when trying to download a file.

Course has URL to an Excel file on our network. When I click the link from a desktop PC using IE, it downloads the file. However, when I do the same on an iPad, i get prompted to View or Download. I click Download and get the error mentioned above. What could possibly be the issue?

JHauglie
    Community Member

It sounds like a network protocol issue with your iPad and your company network. It most likely has nothing to do with Storyline, but instead with the way that the iPad is recognized by your company network as an authorized device accessing the LMS.

Depending on the LMS, there's probably no easy way around this issue. You could confirm this by publishing a simple *.story course with a variety of links and see whether any particular approach is successful (using a URL, pointing to a OneDrive or Sharepoint location, etc.).

• Hi Marco,

Thanks for reaching out!

I'm sorry to hear you've hit this snag. We've seen this error message in the past when the resume setting is set to Always Resume and have since released a fix for this issue. Are you using the most up-to-date version of Storyline?

In addition to what Joe shared, I suggest testing your course in SCORM Cloud to see if it plays correctly on your iPad. If the the issue persists, please submit a case with our team! Otherwise, this issue is likely related to your LMS.