Forum Discussion

• You can do that using Insert>Web Object.  Not all websites will allow this to happen due to IFrame restrictions, and you may have to have them open in a new window.

• To provide a link to open in the Web Object, it would need to be viewable via a browser.  So you would need a URL . . .  "https:// . . . "

NadiaLaubach-b8
      Community Member

That makes sense thank you. I did run into some issues due to security that are impacting what I'm trying to do...  I created a SP site available to all users with read only access but when accessed after publishing the course, it says "company.sharepoint.com refused to connect."

Any ideas?

• Thank you for your answer! Quick follow up question: what do you mean by websites? for example, if my course is opened via the LMS and runs on Edge browser, where does a website come into play?

•  

If you are using an LMS, it may allow you to open the document as a resource, but if it is one that doesn’t, then you need to store the document in a separate place. That place needs to be web accessible, which is why Ron said website. In your case, it sounds like the website is Sharepoint.

From the error message, I think there is a security question between the LMS and SP.