Forum Discussion

SarahCollett
Community Member
3 years ago

Player dialogue boxes appear as a blank screen

Hi everyone

We've experienced this issue for sometime now when learners are viewing Storyline 3 SCORMs via an old version of Totara. We're now using Storyline 360 via a new cloud based LMS, but still experiencing the same problem. If we select 'prompt to resume' in the player, learners see a blank screen rather than the resume message, although the message is there- you can hover about and find the button if you try. It's just not visible. Also, learners see a blank square rather than the dialogue box when they haven't selected an answer to a question. Screen shots attached- any help much appreciated!

Thanks, Sarah 

• Hello Sarah!

We are happy to figure this out with you! Are you finding this happens across all browsers or a specific browser? Also, have you tested your course in another LMS environment like SCORM cloud to see if the same problem appears?

I'd recommend testing your course in a different browser as well as another LMS environment. Let us know what your findings are!

SarahCollett
      Community Member

Hi Lauren

Thanks for your response! I'll give SCORMcloud a try. Re the browser- up until 6 months ago we were still using Internet Explorer which had the same issue (we now use MS Edge). I'll see if using Chrome has any impact. 

I'll let you know the result :)

Cheers

Sarah

SarahCollett
      Community Member

Hi again Lauren

I've uploaded an example SCORM to SCORMcloud - the issue is replicated there too (screenshot attached "Resume error 1"). Again, the prompt is actually there- if I hover in the right place it's clickable- just completely invisible...

I also tried accessing our LMS via Chrome rather than Edge. The issue was replicated again (Resume error 2- attached).

I have also attached an image of what i expect to see/ have seen in the past ("As dialogue box should be"- attached).

Would appreciate your help as it's driving me mad!!

Cheers

Sarah 

LaurenConnelly
        Staff

Hello Sarah!

Thanks for the update! I've opened a case on your behalf with our Support Engineers so they can provide additional troubleshooting steps. You should've received a confirmation email that includes a private upload link. It would be helpful if you could upload your .story file for testing.

You'll hear from their team shortly!