Forum Discussion

YanValdes-aea53
Community Member
7 days ago

Problems with Drag in Drop in storyline 360

Hello everyone, could someone help me? I'm having a problem with a manual drag and drop in Storyline. The idea of ​​the exercise is that when I drag an item to a position, when I drag another item to the same position, the item that is already there returns to its original position. However, sometimes I notice that, instead of the item returning to its original position, it ends up underneath the item I dragged. Could someone help me? I'll make the file available. 

Note: The drag and drop used is not an exercise slide, because an exercise slide would not meet the client's needs.

Thank you in advance

• Hi Yan,

Happy to help!

I would like to ask a few questions to clarify your experience: 

• Can I ask why using the built-in drag-and-drop slides was not an option for you? Using the built-in question slide would reduce the number of triggers you need to add to the slide to get the interaction to work. 
    • Which specific item is not returning to its original position? Would you be willing to make a screen recording of the issue for me so I can test your slide more accurately?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

YanValdes-aea53
      Community Member

Hello José, how are you?

According to the person who created the interaction, we did not use an exercise slide, because we needed the student to see the answer that was given when advancing the screen and returning to it (just like it works on the conventional exercise slide). However, if the student returned to the course's home screen and clicked again to return to the question, it would have to restart from scratch, which according to my knowledge with an exercise slide, this behavior would not be possible.

In short, the student clicks on the "Les attendus d'un déplacement..." button, and goes to the next screen. The exercise screen.

On the exercise screen, the student positions the items and the validate button appears. When clicking on the button, the student will check whether his answer is correct or incorrect, and then move on.

When advancing, if he goes back, he returns to the exercise screen, but with the correction layer exposed. If you go back one more screen, you will return to the home screen.

When you click on "Les attendus d'un déplacement..." again, the student will go to the exercise screen, but with the screen reset from scratch.

About the elements that overlap one above the other, there is no specific element, sometimes it is one, sometimes it is another.

I was unable to attach the video, but here is the link to download it. In the video, between 1:05min and 1:15min, you will be able to see more clearly the error/bug that occurs.

Video

JoseTansengco
        Staff

Hi Yan,

Thanks for the additional information. I tested your project file and found the behavior to be inconsistent as well. I believe part of it is due to the slide being trigger-heavy because of trying to emulate a drag-and-drop interaction. I opened a support case on your behalf so we can get an extra set of eyes on the slide. You're in good hands, and someone from our support team will be in touch shortly to help troubleshoot the behavior!