Forum Discussion

ErikaKlein
Community Member
3 years ago

Replay- Audio Loading (but never loads)

I use Replay pretty regularly and recently tried to import a video file into a new replay project and it said "Audio Loading" but never actually loaded.  The audio is perfect in the original video, Replay simply doesn't load it.

I tried several other videos that were smaller in size (this one was 40 minutes) and most of them worked just fine.

A video that I edited last September was 1 hour 30 minutes and came in just fine; I tried to import that original video again just to see (because it worked last time) and it doesn't load audio today.

We work on a network, so I cannot save locally (but haven't needed to previously); our system meets system requirements; I don't think I should need to download additional platforms in order to use this system as it has worked before without all of the rigmarole. We followed the uninstall and reinstall directions to no avail.

Any recommendations?

• Was there a resolution to this issue? Experiencing the same thing, again with Webex recordings

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi Oisin!

Sorry to hear you're also having issues while working with WebEx content!

It would be helpful to see a copy of the file that's giving you trouble and test the behavior on our end. Do you mind sharing that here in the discussion or privately through a support case?

We'll let you know as soon as we receive it!

• I am having the same issue with a MP4 recording as well (3 hours but a a lot of silence I would like to remove). Did anyone get their issue resolved? Please share any troubleshooting tips! 

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi Sherita!

Sorry to hear you've also run into this setback!

I noticed that you've also opened a support case and connected with my colleague, Mick. We can continue troubleshooting through your case to keep all information in one spot!

• This always happens to me too with files that I download from WebEx! Previously they mentioned local files - tried that, still doesn't work. Then they mentioned it may be my computer - got a new computer with a massive processor, still doesn't work. Any ideas for solutions?

AmySlabbekoorn
      Community Member

I am having this same issue with WebEx meeting recordings. I am grateful you posted this comment!

JoseTansengco
        Staff

Hello,

Sorry to hear that you ran into this behavior. 

Would you be willing to share a copy of your WebEx recording here or in private by opening a support case so we can test the behavior? I'd like to test if the behavior only happens in Replay 360 by uploading the same file in Storyline 360 if it is supported. We'll delete it when we're done!

JoseTansengco
      Staff

Hi Kelsey,

Sorry to hear that you ran into this snag. I'll be glad to help!

You mentioned importing WebEx videos to your Replay 360 project, can you confirm if the imported video is in any of the supported video file types listed here? If the video you're importing into Replay 360 is supported, please share a copy of your project file here or in private by opening a support case so we can test the behavior on our end. We'll delete it when we're done!

• Hi, Erika,

Thank you for reaching out, and I’m happy to help you troubleshoot this issue! So sorry to hear you are experiencing this.

We don't recommend working off of a network drive, as it can cause erratic behavior and could be the reason the audio is not loading.

Since it appears this is only happening with a specific video in your project, can you share it through a support case so we can investigate further?

Another option is to re-encode the video using a third-party tool, HandBrake, to see if the issue could be related to the original mp4 file.

Let me know if this works!