Forum Discussion

RoseMcKelvey
Community Member
3 months ago

Rise 360: Owned by Anyone v. Owned by Me

In a team environment, what is the difference between these 2 access options:  Owned by Anyone v. Owned by Me?  

In the past, the "Owned by Anyone" option (top right, under my profile) used to be greyed out.  Now, I am able to shift from Owned by Anyone and Owned by Me - but the number of courses are the same.

Additionally, what does it mean regarding "access; view; edit rights" when [my] courses are moved to "Private" but still appears under "Owned by Anyone"? 

Thanks,

Rose

• Hi Rose, 

Thanks for reaching out!

Courses that appear when using the "Owned by Me" view are courses that you authored using your account. Courses that are "Owned by Anyone" are all you have access to, including your own. If switching between views results in the same number of courses, that means no one is sharing their content with you. Check out this article for more details on using Team Folders: 

Note that private courses will still appear when using the "Owned by Anyone" view because this view shows all courses that you have permission to view. Other authors will not see your private courses when they access their dashboards.