Forum Discussion

LindaLong-70772
Community Member
2 years ago

Storyline 360 freezes when inserting audio files

Storyline 360 freezes when inserting audio files.

No matter what I do, it just freezes and I have to use Task Manager to shut Storyline down. It will not let me insert any audio files. I've tried in previously created storylines and a new storyline file. Neither works.

This was working fine before the last update on Sept 20th v 3.68.28773.0.

I uninstalled Articulate 360 and Storyline 360 and reinstalled, no change.

Is there a way to go back to a previous version?

• Actually, I found out how to go back to the previous version. The July 2022 version works fine. So something is messed up with audio tracks in the latest version.

Mike_Marcos
      Staff

Hi Linda, 

Would you mind sharing your audio file here? If you're not comfortable with that, we'd like to get you into a support case so we can reach out privately. 

Cheers,

LindaLong-70772
        Community Member

No, I don't want to share the file on the forum. If you want to open a case that's fine. I've tried wav and mp3 files. Both just freeze Storyline Sept build.

Linda

• Thank you Linda, 

You should be hearing from our support team shortly via email.

All the best,

Mike

• Hi Linda,

I have some great news to share. We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Update 68, we’ve included important fixes and new features.

One of the fixes we’ve included is:

Inserting .wav audio file into the slide causes Storyline 360 to freeze.

To take advantage of this update, launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You'll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let me know if you need additional help!

• Hello, 

I'm experiencing the same issues today. I changed the file's name, re exported it through Audition and getting the same results. Storyline just freezes solid. 

• Hi Natalia,

I'm sorry you're having an issue with Storyline freezing! We would love to troubleshoot this for you! Would you be willing to share your files with our support engineers privately in a support case?

Thanks for reaching out!

• Hi. I am experiencing the same thing and have been for over a month. Is there a fix? 

• Hi Susan, 

Thanks for reaching out! Would it be possible for you to share your .wav file and .story file in this thread? I'd like to try to replicate this behavior. You can also share privately in a support case.

Looking forward to hearing from you!