Forum Discussion

RasmusJensen
Community Member
2 months ago

Suddenly getting an error about the expiring unload event being part of my SCORM packages

Hi all,

I'm beginning to receive warnings from my LMS that my newly imported SCORM packages from RISE contains the unload event that will be deprecated in Google Chrome in the near future.

This was not a warning i received, when I uploaded packages back in April, and when I try to upload the packages I exported back in April, they do not give the same warning as they do now. I have tried to export a new package from the same course (which contains exactly the same material as it did in April), and the same warning happens. Which makes me think that something has happened with the SCORM packages between April and now, and not with the course content.

I wonder if anyone experiences the same issue?

For info, I've tried different both the SCORM 1.2 and 2004 version, which is supported in my LMS.

• Hi Rasmus,

Welcome to the E-Learning Heroes community!

I understand you're seeing a warning from your LMS about your newly imported SCORM packages. For Rise 360 courses, we only listen to the 'unload' event in the aicccomm.html files, but it is paired with a 'beforeunload' event which should still cover the deprecated 'onunload' event. This means the change shouldn't impact your courses, and you shouldn't need to modify your SCORM packages.

Here's a similar thread on this topic. If you'd like to connect with one of our talented Support Engineers about a specific course, you can submit a support case here. I hope this helps!