Forum Discussion

ScrumAlliance-7
Community Member
3 months ago

Thought Industries LMS and Rise Scorm

Can anyone provide any suggestions on how to get my Rise course to report back to Thought Industries LMS with an embedded Scorm.  We do not want it in a pop-up window, which we have been successful in keeping it inside the platform but even after changing the force time commit in Scorm file it seems to not report back to the LMS the learner's score. 

Any suggestions, or thoughts are appreciated. 

• Hi Scrum Alliance!

I understand you're having issues reporting Rise 360 course data, to your LMS.

I noticed you've opened a support case as well. You're in excellent hands troubleshooting with our support engineers and they should be following up with you shortly. In the meantime, I'll open the floor to our community who may also be using Thought Industries LMS, to share additional insight with you.

• I'm curious if there's been any updates on this that can be shared with the community.

My company just transitioned to Thought Industries for LMS and we by default "Embed" on the page, similar to the reasons Scrum Alliance mentioned.

Our issues pertain to sometimes the tracking of progress in Rise is not being properly stored. Or, even worse, if a learner completes the Rise module completely, when they return, it will show them as complete in the Thought Industries course, but the Rise module itself acts like they've never taken it before. We didn't have this problem in our former LMS, Docebo.

KellyAuner
      Staff

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for reaching out and I'm sorry you're experiencing this issue!

What you're describing sounds like odd behavior. Have you tested your course in SCORM Cloud to see if it plays as expected? If the issue persists, it would help to see a copy of your course for further testing. You can share it with our team in a support case and we'll delete it from our systems once troubleshooting is complete.

• Hi Kelly,

I did test it in SCORM Cloud and I had the Support Rep from Thought Industries test it as well. They have escalated it to Rustici for further review.

If they claim it's coming from the SCORM file (which I'm 99% sure it isn't), then I'll open a ticket with Articulate Support and take it from there. Thank you for the reply!