Image publishing half in Review platform

Jan 22, 2021

Hi, 

I'm having an inconsistent problem where sometimes (though not always) when I publish a file to the Review 360 platform (and occasionally when I publish for LMS) a photo, usually a larger background photo will render only half way--like just the top half of the photo shows up. 

Why might this be happening? Example screen grab attached for reference and I'm using Storyline 360. 

5 Replies
Alexandra Eisler

For additional context: I published this same .story file to the Review platform last night and it looked normal. I made a few changes based on some feedback I got today. Re-published it and then this image rendered incorrectly. The changes I made were not on this slide. I used the same image on the closing slide of the unit and the same error appeared there too. 

Katie Riggio

Hi there, Alexandra!

Thank you for those clues and the example. I haven't seen reports of this, so I'm glad you reached out!

Because this happens intermittently, let's see if we can find the cause:

• Working from a shared drive can cause distorted assets. Let's make sure that you're saving and publishing on a local hard drive (typically the c: drive).
  • Does the cropped image appear on a specific browser?
  • What's the file type of the affected image (PNG, JPG, etc.)?