Review won't allow users to leave comments.

May 07, 2018

Recently, I've noticed that users cannot leave comments when I share a Review URL link with them.

I have the box ticked to allow users to allow users to leave comments without an articulate account, but it asks for an email (ok), but it won't take a password.

44 Replies
Carol Dawson

I discovered the chat feature and was able to connect with Hazel. She was great to work with and was able to leave a comment so I republished the course and my tester that was having issues can now leave a comment. The only thing I can think of is that I may have used the share link from inside Rise instead of the one in Review 360. 

Bess Crawford

Hi guys! I am having a problem that is slightly different. On just a couple of slides the DEVELOPER is unable to reply to the feedback (feedback enabled, no login required, developer can reply to other feedback in the thread). There is no Reply feedback. Screenshot attached. 

Lauren Connelly

Hello Bess!

Thank you so much for sharing the screenshot! I see the area to reply is missing. 

Which browser are you seeing this issue with? Also, are you seeing this with all courses in Review or just this one?

I'd recommend testing the Review link in different browsers to see if one browser is causing this issue. Secondly, I'd recommend trying to publish another course to Review 360 to see if the reply area is missing in other courses too.

Wanda Vaziri

Thank you so much.

This issue has been resolved.

Wanda Vaziri, MHA |Learning Technology Analyst
Clinical Education
UNC REX Healthcare
4420 Lake Boone Trail, Raleigh NC 27607-6599
(919) 784.3001 | f (919) 784.1220 | wanda.vaziri@unchealth.unc.edu

----- Confidentiality Notice -----
The information contained in (or attached to) this electronic message may be legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the message.

Lauren Connelly

Hi Helen!

I'm happy to help! Are you sharing your project in Rise 360 or Review 360?

If you share a course in Rise 360, the people viewing the course won't be able to make comments. However, people can share comments if you share the Rise 360 course in Review 360.

These two resources share how to publish to Review 360 and share a project:

Helen Parker

Hi Lauren,

I normally open up the project in Review 360 and then share it from there, with a password.

Thank you for the links, I will take a look.

Helen Parker

*********************************************************************************
This email contains information which is confidential and may also be privileged. It is for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and any views or opinions expressed within are those of the originator and not necessarily those of the Force. If you are not the intended recipient(s) please note that any form of distribution, copying or use of this email or the information contained is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error please forward a copy to informationsecurity@thamesvalley.police.uk and to the sender. Please then delete the email and destroy any copies of it. DO NOT use this email address for other enquiries as it will not be responded to, nor any action taken upon it. If you have a non-urgent enquiry, please call the Police non-emergency number 101. If it is an emergency, please call 999. Thank you.
*********************************************************************************

Bess Crawford

Hey there Erik. Have you tried the following? After you publish to Review 360, click the Share tab at the top (it says Review | Feedback | Share). Check the box below the URL that says Allow users without Articulate IDs to comment.

Bess Crawford | e-Learning Designer & Developer
Palmetto GBA Training Development
W: 803.763.4542 (internal ext. 34542) | C: 803.440.0581 | Disclaimer

Reach our development team @ PTT.ELDS

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Erik,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing what your reviewer is experiencing with your project in Review 360. You mention that you've set the course to Allow Reviewers to Comment Without an Accountbut if their email address is tied to an Articulate ID and they aren't already signed in, they'll need to enter their password.

If you'd like me to take at their email address, I'd be happy to take a closer look. You can send it to me privately here

Hi Bess,

Thanks for chiming in to help. 

It looks like your email signature came through when you replied via email. You can remove that if needed by clicking ‘Edit’ beneath your response. Here’s a quick Peek video if you need help.

Maria Higuero

Hello, everyone! I'm having the exact same issue. If it try to comment on a review, the web would ask me for an email and then it would ask me for log in in the articulate website. I've tried using fake emails and it works, it doesn't ask for login before writing a comment, but I need it to work with the proper and correct emails.

Any help would be appreciated.

Leslie McKerchie

Hello Facundo,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing what you are experiencing in Review 360.

If the email address is tied to an Articulate ID and if they aren't already signed in, they'll be prompted to enter their password.

Review 360: Allow Reviewers to Comment Without an Account

I'd be happy to check the emails if you'd like, you can send them to me privately here

Margaret Werdermann

Hi all:  My team just had the same issue and we found a weird reason for it.  Everyone has been so helpful on this forum, so I thought I'd share.

One of my team members couldn't understand why two of her reviewers (without an Articulate licenses) who had been reviewing courses for months with no problem were all of a sudden asked to log in with a password.  She had "Allow users without Articulate IDs to comment" checked and did not have the "Set password" box checked.  They were not just being asked for their email addresses but a full login with password.

We finally figured out that if she sent the links through MS Teams, as she had been doing all along, there was no problem.  The problem was that she had recently put her links into an MS Excel spreadsheet, and when the reviewers clicked on the links in the spreadsheet they were asked to log in.

So, if anyone has put their links into a spreadsheet, that could be your issue.

Steven Benassi

Hi Sarah!

It sounds like you hit a snag looking for the setting that allows users without an Articulate ID to leave comments.

I see that you've already opened a support case and connected with my colleague Mark. Great move! It looks like Mark replied to your e-mail with some feedback on why you weren't seeing that option initially.

We'll continue this conversation in your support case to keep all information in one spot.

For others coming across this thread with a similar issue:

You can find the 'Allow users without Articulate IDs to comment' setting in the Review 360 version of your course. Check out this article for more details!