Stop comment notifications for reviewers without Articulate ID

Jan 09, 2020

Hi everyone,

I've sent a review 360 link to coworkers who do not have Articulate IDs. They have commented extensively on my course and I've been answering them so everyone is kept in the loop about changes and can discuss.

However, I've received several complaints from coworkers receiving a large amount of notifications for comments (makes sense, we've been discussing a lot in the comments section).

Now, even though there is a link at the end of the email they can click to unsubscribe/change settings for notifications, they are then asked to log in. Since they do not have an Articulate ID, this is not possible and they end up having to delete every single notification email.

Is the only way to unsubscribe from notifications to register with Articulate? Or is there some other, simpler solution available?

51 Replies
Eric Santos

Thanks for sharing your experience with us, Tracy! I understand how changes to the Review 360 comment notification workflow can benefit you and your organization. I see that your voice is already added to the existing feature request below.

• Allow for more options for authors to manage Review 360 email notifications and what is sent to their reviewers.

We'll let you know if this request makes it to our feature roadmap!

Ida Institute

I like to be able to leave notes to myself related to the reviewers comment. If we could turn off notifications being sent to the reviewer, this would also be possible. Also, it is crazy that we still rely on reviews to turn off notifications (if they know they are able to and if they have Articulate IDs or go through the hassle of making one)  and we course admins don't  have that control.

Ed Figueroa

Please add me to the growing list of people asking to control what notifications are sent to reviewers.

I feel partly to blame, because I haven't logged in to add my name to this hat. But I've been following this particular request in other channels for several years now (feels crazy to even say that), and it's really surprising to see it has not been implemented yet.

You said that you determine whether to add a feature or not based on, "Will this feature meaningfully improve the experience of working with our software? Will it benefit a majority of users?" versus a "queue of bug fixes, new features already on the roadmap, and other projects"; but for me personally, team folders, team media, and reach 360 features seem less important than this prevalent ask.

Getting others to REVIEW content is sometimes one of the hardest parts in the eLearning process. Creating LESS friction for us (developers) and reviewers should be priority. Not being able to disable who gets notified means our team has to use other tools outside of Articulate to have discussion.

Ed Figueroa

Just wanted to add a screenshot. My team is convinced that since Review 360 mentions/shows that "[person's name] will be notified" if you leave a comment, then there must be a way to click on that name or go somewhere to ensure that that person isn't notified. I assure them, there isn't a way. I've had this discussion with employers at two of the places I've worked at. 

I think it should be as simple as clicking the name and turning off that notification. Hopefully one day!

Michelle McKinney

Adding another +1 to allow me to control what notifications are sent to reviewers.

There's absolutely no way they'll create an articulate ID (nor should they have to.....), but it's very irritating for them to get notifications about every comment added.

Like others have said here, I prefer to keep a note of what action I took right next to each comment so I can triple check on a final review that everything was addressed (rather than just mark the comment as "resolved") but this creates a lot of needless emails for them.

Brantley Eaton

As the team manager I'm the account admin but don't have a seat. Because of the large amount of team members needing my review, I'm getting crushed with notifications without the ability to change the frequency. Rather than paying for a seat just for this feature, I needed to set an Outlook rule to automatically move the notifications to a different folder. But now it's an extra task for me to jump into that mailbox and spot check rather than read a digest. I hate it! Please, at least give account admins this ability!

Stephen Cutler

Please add me to the long list of people requesting this feature. 

It is extremely frustrating that an important tool like the review and comments available in Review 360 is rendered practically useless for responding to client comments. As many people have already written, reviewers don't want to be bombarded with individual emails for every single reply comment you make. And it is not reasonable or practical to ask them to sign up for an Articulate account and then go in to turn off notifications.

I notice that this thread alone has been going on for over 4 years. So, I'm not holding my breath!