Turn off email alerts?

Oct 04, 2017

Hi, is there anyway to turn off the email alerts with review? I'm finding that for each individual comment by my developer makes for example, I get an individual email for each one. I am starting to react to these emails and am jumping back in willy nilly - it;s all getting a bit crazy with lots of comments from me and my developer as he builds and i check.

I think it would be better to turn off the email alerts during the process - can we do that?

Cheers, Gabby

59 Replies
Andrea Bornheim

Agree with everyone on this--sadly we have stopped using Review for most projects because reviewers without an articulate ID are so angry about this. I work with all external clients (mostly large companies) and they get very upset about it. In many cases employees are not allowed to create an Articulate account (or an account with any software provider that is not vetted and approved) to be able to turn off notifications, for security reasons. But the HUGE problem: One of our major Fortune 500 clients blocked the emails as SPAM which is causing a major headache now because the articulate.com domain has been blocked--which means all of the rise courses we did for them are inaccessible to hundreds of learners right now. I have spent so many hours untangling this mess with my client's IT department that I'm considering going to the dark side (I immensely dislike Captivate, but this has been discussed on the community for 3 years and Articulate has not taken action...) 

Bret Jorgensen

Hi All - The picture you've presented here is not what we want for our product or an experience that our users should encounter. Sticking to the Collaboration & Team Management vision for Articulate 360 in 2021. I can confidently say that we will be providing more robust email notification options sometime this year. I am currently unable to share a more detailed timeline but will do so as soon as that information becomes available. 

Staff Boom University

Adding my vote here! I just got a call from my boss like "Hey, why am I getting hundreds  of your comments?"  I know she was furious. I tried turning off the notification but options available are only for instant, hourly and daily. Requesting to have an option to fully turn off the notif for all stakeholders please. 

Cheerio,

Kyle 

Thomas Larsen

Also adding my voice. I don't want any emails from Review 360, ever. As a reviewer I have no need for them. The content creator will do whatever they'll do with my comment, and if they have follow-up questions we'll discuss them through a process outside Review 360. The autp-generated emails are just an unnecessary, obnoxious distraction and I want to be able to get rid of them permanently. Thanks!

Nerina Williams

Adding my vote for this as well. I recently introduced Articulate to the business and they love it, in particular Review 360. However what they don't love is the individual responses their comments. A recent project reviewed by 2 SME's included 73 comments which equates to 73 emails. For busy people who receive numerous emails everyday this just adds to their frustration. Please look into this as a priority.  Kind regards, Nerina

Matthew Uhrich

I'd like to add to this frustration - clients don't want to or need an account to make comments - they put in their email address as prompted when the Review link is shared, then they get possibly HUNDREDS of emails that they don't need or want.  There is no way for them to turn off notifications without an account.  Either the owner of the course should be able to control if notifications get sent on comments (globally for those with or without Articulate accounts) or it should be easy for these folks to opt out.  

PLEASE FIX THIS!

Nerina Williams

OFFICIAL
Hi Matthew,

I send an email to my internal stakeholders, prior to applying their feedback to a project, advising to ignore/delete the notifications they are about to receive. It is not a solution, however it is better than wasting their time opening notifications. I would find it really embarrassing if I had to send the same message to external stakeholders as I wouldn't want them to think I am using an inferior development tool which does not allow notifications to be turned off.

OFFICIAL

Nerina Williams |
LMS Administrator
D: +61 3 9947 3924 | E: N.Williams@healthsharevic.org.au
Level 34, Casselden, 2 Lonsdale Street, Melbourne, 3000
www.healthsharevic.org.au

Health. Safety. Value. In everything we do.

The information contained in this email message may be confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure or copying of this document is unauthorised. If you have received this document in error, please contact the sender.

Michael Stordeur

I hope this issue can be resolved soon, This thread was started "almost 4 years ago."

My team has requested I don't add any replies to their comments, or mark them as resolved, because they hate receiving the emails.

Seven months ago the staff said they were working on "providing more robust email notification options sometime this year." With just 3 months left, I'm not sure if they'll make it, but I remain hopeful.

Nerina Williams

OFFICIAL
The solution seems quite simple to me. Provide an option to turn notifications on or off!
OFFICIAL

Nerina Williams |
LMS Administrator
D: +61 3 9947 3924 | E: N.Williams@healthsharevic.org.au
Level 34, Casselden, 2 Lonsdale Street, Melbourne, 3000
www.healthsharevic.org.au

Health.Safety.Value. In everything we do.

The information contained in this email message may be confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure or copying of this document is unauthorised. If you have received this document in error, please contact the sender.

Allyncia Williams

Making external reviewers sign up for articulate account and have to learn how to turn off review notifications is making problematic notifications even more problematic. I'm not trying to turn my reviewers into IDs, I need them to focus on content and experience the learning as I have designed it to meet their need. By making the reviewers get notifications by default, they are clicking on old links, going to unrefreshed or previously finalized versions of the course I am building. This issue has seriously impaired trust and business relationship with my client. Developer/Administrator must be able to turn off notifications for each comment- WHO on earth would think that an email per comment is a good idea? I see all these complaints are from years ago. Has this been resolved yet? Notifications should not happen by default and should not happen by comment!

Allyncia Williams

Have you heard back on this? My people are so upset with all the notifications they cannot turn off. I am trying to get them to filter them but even that is running into our time for gathering and clarifying feedback on content. Why on earth would anyone make an app send an email per comment on an entire course? I'd love to hear if you had some suggestions to manage expectations with your reviewers in the meantime. I'm thinking there might be better software or review tool out there.

Andrea Bornheim

I agree with you, Allyncia and sadly we probably won't be renewing our Articulate 360 subscription when it comes due in a couple months. I haven't heard anything on this issue. So much good about Articulate, but this has pretty much become a deal breaker for us (see my comments above of what happened with our biggest external client--the company detected the emails as spam and blocked the domain, which then blocked their employees accessing Rise courses...)

Nerina Williams

Dear Articulate Team, are you aware of the recent discussion around Review 360 notifications and the issues it is causing for many of us.  My inbox included 3 emails from Review 360 users who responded to my original email.  I don't think this issue can be ignored much longer. I love Articulate 360 and Review 360, however not being able to turn of notifications in Review 360 doesn't make logical sense.  Please listen/read to the feedback you are receiving and help us perform our jobs better by allowing us to turn of notifications.  Kind regards. Nerina