After completing course then returning to it, pages go blank (Firefox)

Feb 09, 2023

We have created multiple courses in Rise and posted them to our LMS. During testing, after completing the courses, if we go back into the courses, non-text elements tend to load slowly, and if we scroll beyond any element before it loads, the page goes blank, and we have to refresh the browser window. If we scroll very slowly and wait for each element to appear before scrolling further, the page doesn't crash. This happens with Firefox but not Edge. The elements still load slowly on Edge, but we can scroll past them. Also, we have tested with turning off the Block entrance animations. We still encounter the issue.

6 Replies
Section Conception-Ingénierie SNPS

Hi Norman and Karl

Same problem here :

• several load and display bugs on Rise courses published as scorm on a LMS ;
  • and more critical, if the scorm rise course is checked as completed, it's suddenly impossible to reopen and display it : a blank page appears, can do anything on it, just a "mode relecture" (in french, maybe "review mode" in english ?) comment at the top left of the page.

This problem seems to be recent, but also affects old Rise courses.

Should it be due to a mozilla update ? LMS update ?

Section Conception-Ingénierie SNPS

Hi Karl,

Thanks for your reply.

I'll ask my administrator about this.

However, the problem doesn't seems to be this auto switching in review mode : it obviously seems to be an incompatibility between Firefox and the review mode because it works with other browsers like Edge, Chrome, and Chromium.

Unfortunately, using Firefox is mandatory on our organisation computers...

Chino Navarro

Hi folks,

I am sorry to hear that your learners get a blank page when they revisit a completed course in Firefox. I recommend the following troubleshooting steps:

• Ensure that their device and browser are fully updated.
  • Clear their browser's cache.
  • Restart the device.

You can also test the course with SCORM Cloud, the industry-standard testing engine. If the issue doesn't occur in SCORM Cloud, the issue could be with your LMS. I recommend reaching out to your LMS support team for help. 

If the issue also occurs in SCORM Cloud, we would love to take a closer look at your course. You can reach our support engineers here