Audio not recording or uploading

Jun 20, 2019

I've tried to record directly into Rise but using an external microphone. Every time I try to record audio - by pushing the start recording button - it works and I am able to "record" but then when I push pause or stop recording, it goes back to the original edit audio screen or comes up blank. As you can see the audio comes up as aN:aN as the time stamp.

I have tested the mic on a windows and mac computer, my company has whitelisted the website, we have tested on every browser, every USB plug...  Rather than uploading external audio is there a fix to this that I am overlooking or missing?'

I tested it out again after restarting my computer and I was able to record but the audio started to skip. If I recorded 10 seconds, it would play over 1 minute of sound then play what I had recorded but be skipped in the audio. I closed out of the software and then it put me right back at square one when I tried it again and it gave me the blank screen.

Please help!

This is the link to the course. Please let me know if it works, or if we need to give you permissions: https://rise.articulate.com/author/iu-CZWqwXJKtmbRpj5bQiUqvknlPf8uE#/author/course

27 Replies
Hazel Bartolome

Hi John! So sorry to hear that you are encountering this issue in Chrome.

Let's try these troubleshooting tips:

• Make sure your Chrome browser is updated, log in and out of Rise, then try again
  • Clear your cache, and then try recording. Does the issue still occur?
  • Access Rise in Incognito mode (Press Ctrl + Shift + n), then try recording.

If you still encounter an error after trying the steps, please open a case with us here so that one of our technical support engineers can help you!