Budgeting Rise and Storyline Courses

Dec 31, 2023

I have a good handle on how to budget Storyline development for a client's projects. However, I need to propose developing the same course in Storyline and Rise and then the client will pick which development tool to use after seeing 2 short examples of each tool and the difference in development prices. Does anyone have experience budgeting for courses in both products and could give me a ballpark estimate of the ratio of development time between the two. (For example: developing a 30-minute course in Rise usually takes half the time as developing it in Storyline.) By way of additional information, our Storyline courses are not heavy on reading. They are narrated with graphics and keywords appearing and disappearing on the slide during the narration, along with custom interactions and quizzes.  Our comparable Rise course will of course have to have a good bit of reading because that is foundation of Rise; however, we will need to intersperse the reading frequently with custom videos and Rise interactions to keep from losing this particular target audience.    -Thank you.

2 Replies