Can I use a passing score in a Storyline quiz block in Rise as a barrier to move forward?

May 28, 2019

Hi there,

I'm wondering if there's a way to leverage a Storyline quiz block within Rise and 'force' the learner to stay on that page until they achieve a passing grade before being able to move on to the next lesson, or even block if necessary? I attempted to use the locking functionality with the 'Continue' button but I only had to take (and fail) the quiz once before it unlocked. 

The problem I'm trying to solve is that our learners are getting confused by the '100% complete' listed on the left hand menu bar in Rise but not being marked as complete in the LMS because the passing criteria is to achieve an 80%+ on a Storyline quiz block within the second to last lesson. 

Thanks all!

2 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi Lindsay! Great question. Currently, you can require completion of a Storyline block to move to the next block or lesson in Rise 360, but you cannot require passing of the Storyline quiz.

It sounds like this is a feature that would make authoring in Rise 360 easier for you, especially since it will solve the progress bar contradicting your actual completion requirements. I'll share this with my team, and we'll let you know if we make any changes!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.