Cannot upload Rise course to LMS when it contains Storyline blocks

May 24, 2019

Hi everyone,

I want to upload a Rise course to our LMS (Cornerstone on Demand) which contains Storyline blocks (that were published with Review 360 and then integrated in the Rise course).

It shows the following error message: "Multi standards (AICC/ SCORM/ xAPI) are not allowed in one file. Please create a separate file per each (AICC or SCORM or xAPI) and try again."

I tried to upload the Rise course with different formats: SCORM 2004 4th, SCORM 2004 3rd, SCORM 2004 2nd, SCORM 1.2, but neither of them works.

When I remove the Storyline blocks from the same course, I can upload it with all SCORM formats.

Are there any special settings that have to be considered when exporting a Rise course that contains Storyline blocks?

Anybody else facing that issue?

Best regards,

Frauke

9 Replies
Justin Phillips

This is a new problem. I've uploaded Rise courses with Storyline blocks in the past and not had this problem. Can we please have an estimated time for resolution? This is a pretty critical issue for many of us and explaining it to non-techie customers is going to be difficult since I was not an issue in the past.

Frauke - Thank you for sharing this workaround.

Crystal Horn

Hey everybody. I'm excited to let you know that we just released update 29 for Storyline 360! Here are all the details.

One of the fixes addresses an issue where a Tin Can file was showing up in Rise 360 courses that included a Storyline block, causing errors when uploading SCORM packages to your LMS.

Here’s how you can update Storyline 360. After updating, please republish your Storyline project to Review 360 as HTML5-only, and reinsert your Storyline block in Rise 360. Let me know how you make out!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.