Continue to next topic after passing quiz

Jun 29, 2018

I have a Rise course that includes several sections using blocks. I'm using button sets to create branching so I have turned off the previous/next buttons. I have a quiz block at the end of the course and want to have a slide after passing the quiz to wrap up the course and thank the participant. The only option I get, whether passing or not, is retake the quiz. Anyone have a workaround?

106 Replies
Ana Garrido

Hi there

I'm new to Articulate. This is my very first course. Using Rise 360.

I'm having the same problem . . . I end with a Quiz and want to add a closing remark.  I have the navigation bar and Next/Prev turned off . . . so just forcing them to follow the course in a linear fashion.  How do you do that 'continue' option that Martika Cox referred to?

Second question - Do you, as a normal thing, periodically have the directions: "Scroll Down" to let the learner know how to navigate?  I find that I can't size my pictures and sometimes there are places where it seems there are no options but 'Exit' showing at the top right  . . .

Thanks for any insight!

Crystal Horn

Hi, Ana. Great questions.

1. The Continue option will appear if you have both the previous/next navigation turned off and you haven't included the sidebar. If you would like to keep the sidebar, you may want to instruct your learners to use the sidebar to navigate to the last lesson in the quiz description for now. We'll let you know if we add the option to customize the quiz results screen.
  2. Some course authors will provide navigation tips in the course details or in the first lesson. If the first block in your lesson isn't showing up immediately, try adjusting the top padding for that block.

If you're still having trouble, we can help! Just let us know what kind of block you're using and on which browser you're viewing the content.
Mary Beth LeBoeuf

I now can see Lesson # now at the bottom but no next or they can go to the side bar as we show the side bar. I also had to view in full mode to see it. Think I am good for now. Maybe in time they can add a continue bar capability for Assessment screen. Just a thought. Thanks,

Mary Beth

Mary Beth LeBoeuf, MSN, RN
Advanced Clinical Educator
Care Coordination
Dignity Health
3033 N. 3rd Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85013
602-291-5507
Mary.Leboeuf@DignityHealth.org

Caution: This email is both proprietary and confidential, and not intended for transmission to or receipt by any unauthorized persons. If you believe that it has been received by you in error, do not read any attachments. Instead, kindly reply to the sender stating that you have received the message in error. Then destroy it and any attachments. Thank you.

I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel -Maya Angelou

Caution: This email is both proprietary and confidential, and not intended for transmission to (or receipt by) any unauthorized person(s). If you believe that you have received this email in error, do not read any attachments. Instead, kindly reply to the sender stating that you have received the message in error. Then destroy it and any attachments. Thank you.

Wei Hann Loo

I noted on setting of "No side-bar" and turn off prev/next buttons in order for the continue button to appear automatically after a quiz. 

this will pose another problem for those learner that has completed the module previously. there is no way for them to revisit and jump to the topic that they want... 

possible to make it for either "No side-bar" and "Closed"? 

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Wei. The continue button on a quiz results page will remain there, unlike continue button blocks in lessons which disappear once clicked. If you are creating a course with no sidebar and no previous or next buttons, consider using button blocks for navigation back and forth between lessons!

Matthew Francis

I believe so
Regards

Matt Francis
National Training & Activations Manager
Hand Tools & Accessories

Stanley Black & Decker, Inc. ANZ
Level 2, 810 Whitehorse Road
Box Hill, Victoria 3128

P.O. Box 4006, Box Hill South VIC 3128

T: +61 3 8669 5200 M: +61 434 256 376
matthew.francis@sbdinc.com
https://go.bluevolt.com/SBD
www.stanleyblackanddecker.com

[cid:image001.jpg@01D63B27.298BCF00]

Eliza Riego

Hi - I am having extreme difficulty with my Rise 360 quiz.   I have a stack button option to take people to the appropriate quiz.  When they opt for the first quiz, they are able to continue.  However if they select one of the other quizzes, there is no continue button no matter the combination of settings I choose at the Quiz Lesson level or at the main level.  I have tried everything.   

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Eliza. It looks like you have the quiz setting "Require passing score to continue" enabled for your quizzes. That setting will prevent learners from navigating with the next button until the quiz(zes) before it with that setting are passed. So, if learners haven't passed Quiz 1 with that setting, and they jump to Quiz 2, they won't be able to progress beyond Quiz 2. Since you have the previous and next buttons enabled for navigation, your learners can go to previous lessons.

You can disable that setting to require a passing score if you'd like your learners to navigate freely to different quizzes and lessons.