course not uploading with embed links

Jun 12, 2024

I have several courses in Rise 360 with videos that use the embed option. Now one won't upload on my LMS. I checked the links and they all work and all of the settings are the same as the other courses.

It worked previously but I had to make one change to a different component and then it wouldn't upload. I deleted the change and tried again but that didn't help.

The course will upload if I use the video but I want to use the YouTube version because it gives CC options.

5 Replies
Jose Tansengco

Hi Paula,

Happy to look into this for you!

I'd like to ask a few questions to help clarify your experience:

• How were you able to determine that it was the embedded video that was preventing your course from being uploaded to your LMS? Did you receive any error messages that pointed to the embedded video as the cause?
  • Does deleting the embedded video in question allow the course to be uploaded to your LMS? 
  • What happens when you upload the course with the embedded video to SCORM Cloud? Do you get the same error?

Also, would you mind sharing the embed code of the video you're having difficulties with here so we can try and replicate the behavior? 

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Paula Neuman

I replaced a pdf with a button link in the original Rise 360 course file that worked with embedded videos. Once I uploaded the course with the replacement button link the course would no longer load. I then removed the button link and tried to upload it again and it still didn't work.

It isn't just one embedded video that is the issue.

I then tired the same thing with the original Rise 360 without embedded videos and it only worked without the button link but at least it loaded.

I don't have an account with ScormCloud and have never had reason to use it before but I can look into it.

Kelly Auner

Hi Paula,

Thanks so much for that additional detail!

SCORM Cloud is a helpful tool when trying to determine where the issue is. If you're willing to share a copy of your project with us, I'd be happy to do some testing on my end as well. You can open a support case with our team to share your file, and we'll We'll delete it from our systems once troubleshooting is complete.