14 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Annabelle,

The "mail to:" URL isn't currently supported in Rise (not to worry - I've submitted a feature request on your behalf!) but in the meantime, I know a few other folks shared that they were using a URL shortener to keep the link intact. 

I'll let you know here if we have updates on the potential of this feature! 

Allison LaMotte

Hi Moses,

Great question! It’s the browser settings, not Rise, that determine whether a mailto link opens in Gmail or Outlook or whatever other mail client you may have. The instructions for changing that setting are different depending on the browser you choose, but you should be able to find them easily by doing a quick google search.

If there's anything else I can do to help, please let me know!

Holly Perret

I'm just throwing in another vote for this feature request. I've noticed that in Rise a lot of feature requests get added via additional blocks but the blocks themselves lack functionality. I really need the ability to link an email address when I am using the accordion block, but I can't. Instead I need to add another block that is disconnected from that accordion block. 

Additionally, it would be nice to be able to add a button in an accordion block. 

Michael Morales

Button block is not a solution. You can't place the full text of most email addresses in the button. To put it mildly, it is an unsatisfactory work-around. It makes us appear that we don't know what we are doing, as pointed out in our last round of user testing. We are looking at 2+ years that people have been looking for a solution for the "mailto:" issue. Realize there are priorities, but this one is silly not to have fixed. 

mandy king

I followed this advice and it works: It's about the Outlook setting for the individual's settings but it would be nice if RISE could work this out automatically.

On your pc - Hit the Windows key >  go to Control panel > Default Programmes > Set default programmes > Click on  OUTLOOK DESKTOP in the list on the left >  then on the right side click on choose defaults for this programme > tick the MAILTO box to activate URL:mailTo protocol. Then when i published my rise course and clicked on either the button block, or text hyperlink link in a text block it opened an outlook email. When you add the email link in RISE is should start with e.g.  mailto:xxx.xxx@xxx.com/uk etc

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.