Getting 360 Content Library characters in Rise

Jan 19, 2017

Hi,

Is it possible to use characters from the Content Library in a Rise course or do I need to use SL360?

Thanks!

51 Replies
Jose Velasquez

A possible solution for those who need characters in Rise is to resize them to a large size within SL360 and then right click on the character and save the file as a TIF (PNG, for some reason includes artifacts). Initially I questioned the need for characters in Rise, but then got a little creative and realized they make perfect sense within certain contexts. My hope is these will be much easier to insert in the near future.

Jose Velasquez

Those "avatars" are images you have to upload into Rise. You can get them from SL360 by selecting the character and exporting them out. Once you have your character image you'll have to crop them using Photoshop or some other editor so you get a tight head shot. Then you can upload your avatar to Rise. 

Alex Arathoon

Hi all, this is an old post and I see characters are still not integrated into Rise. I thought this was on the radar a while back seems like the can keeps getting pushed down the road. I will use the workaround by exporting image poses from SL and importing them.

Be great if this was implemented as a Christmas present to all Articulate users.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi LaVon!

It sounds like you're referring to images from Content Library 360, is that right?

Any image you add to your Rise course from Content Library 360 will remain in the course until you manually change it. You'll also find a copy of each image file in the zipped published output folder, so that's another easy way to retrieve those images.

Let me know if that answers your question!

Alyssa Gomez

Thanks for clarifying, LaVon!

While Rise 360 doesn't store your images in a cloud-based media library, you can find any image you used in a course in the zipped published output folder. I would also recommend keeping a folder of those images on your hard drive for easy access when you need to update the course later. 

SibaPrasad Padhi

Dear Articulate team, Do you have any timeline to include these features and also the roadmap which published in your site to be included to Rise. For last 3 years there are no update /features to the tools, instead some content integrated as features which are not usable by most of the customer/ content producer?