How many people can I share the Rise preview link with?

Dec 19, 2016

I've created a Rise course and want to share it with about 200 stakeholders outside of our LMS. Is there any known issue with sharing the preview link to that many users? 

Thanks, Amy 

23 Replies
Justin Grenier

Hi Amy, and welcome to Heroes!

There is no practical limit on the number of viewers/recipients of a shared Rise course.  With that said, keep in mind that Rise is an authoring tool that supports light sharing.  For tracking and viewer analytics, you'll want to move your Rise course to an LMS or web server.

So glad you're enjoying Rise!

Acxion University

Thank you Justin. We are using a Rise course to actually launch our LMS and teach users how to login and perform basic navigation. That is why I need to share the preview link with such a large group outside of the LMS software. And we don't have a web server to host it on currently. 

After we launch our LMS in January, any new Rise courses we create will be loaded in our LMS for tracking, assignment, etc. 

I appreciate you getting back to me and letting me know that it is not an issue sharing the link with a large group - as we love the look and functionality so much. 

If there's anything I should be aware of with sharing a preview link so such a large amount of people at one time please do advise me ASAP. I will most likely share the link today.

Thanks, Amy 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Nat,

You've got a few different tools within Articulate 360 that would help you do a screen recording and insert it into Rise as a standard video file. Replay, Storyline and Peek can all record your screen and all of them can be published or exported as an MP4 file if you wanted to include that in a Rise course. The tutorials for all the Articulate 360 tools are linked here, and that may be a good place to dive in and learn how each will function. I also find this article on When to use what Articulate 360 tools really helpful and a more thorough comparison of Rise vs. Storyline. 

Hope that gets some ideas started for you while you wait to hear back from Amy , and you could always use the "contact me" button on a ELH users' profile to reach out to them directly! Best of luck with your project! 

Alyssa Gomez

Hi there Bob! 

You bet! Adding a password to your Rise course is simple--just follow these steps:

• From the course main page, click Share
  • Click the Set a password checkbox
  • Type your password, and click OK

Now anyone who has the Share link to preview your course must enter the password before they can see the content.

Let me know if that's what you had in mind!

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Bob -- The password you set will be the same password for all users who have access to the "Share" link. Do you plan on deploying this course in a learning management system (LMS)? If so, that will give you greater control over who has access to your course.

Hi Birgitte -- There is no time limit on the preview link. If you want to remove access to the "Share" link at a certain point, try this:

• Duplicate the course in Rise.
  • Send the "Share" link from the duplicate course to users.
  • When you're ready to remove access, delete the duplicate course. 
Rachelle Tulloch

Hi there

I'm trying to do a work around with the current issue of Storyline 360 courses with closed captions on videos not working when you publish it as a video (it flickers on and off). Here's the thread to the issue - https://community.articulate.com/discussions/articulate-storyline/closed-captions-flashing#reply-634646  

I have created a Rise course and have embedded my Storyline course as an interactive block.  It seems to have worked.

Can we now embed the link to this Rise course in my client's intranet site for an indefinite period of time? They do not need to track the number of users or completion rates, and so don't need to have it up on a LMS.  They also want all resources to be videos, hence the need to export the SL courses as videos.

Please let me know your thoughts!

Best regards
Rachelle

Acxion University

Hi Elizabeth, we had no issues with sharing the course link with a large group. It worked perfectly. And now we host many RISE courses inside our LMS, which our users are now comfortable navigating. My only real issue that remains is continuing to make sure they are using Google Chrome to access the courses because we've had issues with IE - Rise courses don't seem to track correctly in IE. Thanks, Amy

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.