Is Rise available for offline download

Nov 10, 2016

Hi everyone

Just playing with Rise and wanted to know if it is going to be made available as a download (like Prezi) for offline use?

Being able to have local copy would allow training that we can't upload to a cloud server to be developed in Rise and then uploaded to our own internal LMS.

Any thoughts?

Ann-Marie

34 Replies
Christabel Nazareth

I took a look at Ashley Terwilliger's Peek video to use Rise files offline.  I publish to the Web because that is one of the options, the others being to an LMS or as a PDF.  When I open the Content folder, these are my choices: Assets, Lib, Goodbye, Index. When I click Index, the file opens up minus the content. What am I doing wrong? I have no issues publishing the content to an LMS.

Jennifer Antoon

Hi Adam, I know this post is from awhile back, but I am trying to download my course for offline viewing. I have the zip file, but I’m having issues opening it on an iPad (which is how the course will be accessed). Have you had any experience with this? Also I don’t see the “no LMS web only” option, but exported for “web” to get the zip file.

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Jennifer! You're right - the export option for web content is now just Web.

Mobile OS's won't be able to launch Rise 360 output files that are stored locally on those devices. This means that you can view a Rise 360 course offline on a desktop computer, but not on a tablet or a smartphone.

Aurore CAPRILES
Ashley Terwilliger

Hi Mark,

Rise courses can be exported as AICC, SCORM 1.2, SCORM 2004, and Tin Can API (xAPI) packages to be hosted in your learning management system. Here's how:

1. Open the course from your Rise home page.
  2. Click Export in the upper right corner of the screen.
  3. Choose an LMS specification, then click Export in the upper right corner.
  4. You'll see a notification when your course is ready for export. Click the Export button on the notification to proceed. (If Rise finds any errors in your course, such as a blank lesson, you'll be asked if you want to edit the course or continue with the export.)
  5. After a few moments of processing, you'll be prompted to download the zip file to your computer. Choose a location and click Save.
  6. Click OK to acknowledge the export successful message.
  7. Click Cancel in the upper right corner to return to your Rise course.

After exporting your Rise course as an LMS package, simply upload the zip file to your LMS and distribute it to your learners.

Thanks Ashley. In that case (scorm+LMS), if learners have no connexion, will the course be available offline as well once it's been downloaded? Is there a risk that some content like videos don't work?

Alyssa Gomez

Hello, Aurore! 

If learners lose internet connection while viewing content hosted on a learning management system, they'll be able to see the current lesson they're viewing,  but won't be able to load subsequent lessons. 

Instead, you can give your learners access to the index.html file for offline viewing. Be sure to also include a note that offline viewing is supported in Google Chrome, Firefox, and Safari.