Is there a way to move/copy blocks to other lessons or sections?

Nov 14, 2016

Hi

I got a bit carried away (having fun!) and was adding all my blocks to one lesson. I now want to move or copy some of the blocks to a separate lesson or section. Or can I duplicate an entire lesson (and delete the extra blocks)? Is there a way to easily do this that I'm missing? Thanks. j

107 Replies
Briana Goldman

Hi Rise Team, 

Great to see that we can now move content from one course to another. Is there a way to switch a block of content within my course to another lesson within the same course?

All of my lessons in the course are fully built out, but realizing a few content blocks fit better in other lessons than the lesson they were created in. 

Thanks, 

Briana

Lea Agato

Hi again, Loren! To add to my previous comment, here are the steps  you can follow to move blocks to other lessons or courses:

1. Create a block template using the blocks that you want to move.
  2. Reuse the block template into the lesson you want to copy the blocks into.
  3. Manually delete the blocks that you have copied.

I hope this helps!

Lisa Spirko

Hi Articulate staff,

I get that there's a doable workaround by creating a block template, inserting it, and deleting the template when you're done, but it seems like a lot of unnecessary steps. This is rather like copying and pasting text from one Word document to another by creating a Word template as a go-between. It would be faster for Rise authors to just have an option to move a block or section to another lesson, much as there are arrow icons for moving them within a lesson. Hoping that Articulate is working on that.

Just my two cents... Thanks!

Eric Santos

Hi Eleanor,

I'm sorry to hear you're running into this snag, copying a block template shouldn't take that long! A few seconds to a minute is long enough. Have you tried the following to see if it helps?

• Use Incognito mode to rule out possible browser extensions that may be causing the problem.
  • Use a different browser; make sure your browser has the latest updates.

Supported Browsers for Authoring Rise 360 Courses