Issue with images after RISE course published for LMS

Jun 13, 2018

I have one image on a course that is not showing up once it is published for LMS. During testing the first time I noticed the image was missing. I removed the file from the block and then re-uploaded the image. I published it once again and it is still missing. I am not having this issue with the other image in this block (Flip Cards). Has anyone else had any issues like this? Any suggestion on how to correct the issues: Remove the Block and try again; Create another JPEG file and re-upload?

I have attached screen shots of the Preview (image is included) and the Published version (image missing)

12 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi JJ,

Are you seeing this after uploading into your LMS or were you accessing the course within the Export folder to test?

I haven't seen anything similar, so I'd be interested to know if uploading that same course to another LMS environment allows you to see the image. SCORM Cloud is a great option for that, and there are directions here on how to upload it. 

If you see the same thing there, it may be something about the image or how it's exporting. I'd like to test that image if that's the case - can you share a copy of it with me here? 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Izette,

I responded to your and Sjoerd's other discussion here, but if your images are not appearing in your LMS, that sounds like a separate issue.

I'll start a support case for you so that you can share one of these courses with our team. That way they can test out Preview and export for LMS. Keep your eyes out for an email from Support@articulate.com

Sindy Chettiath

Posted a similar inquiry and then spotted this.  The course was built in rise.  Our tag line was added at the end as an image block.  The image would display when previewing.  When published to Articute Review it didnt display.  I went ahead and uploaded to the LMS and suddenly it displayed.  Upon checking the LMS this morning, it is suddenly not displaying.  Why the inconsistency? Are pngs and jpegs acceptable file formats? While I like Rise, im forced to convert everything to Storyline to guarantee images display correctly.  Please advise.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Kurtis,

Have you done any testing in SCORM Cloud yet?  If so, are you running into image issues there, too?

We generally compare the behavior in SCORM Cloud to your LMS experience to try to parse out Rise 360 issues versus LMS issues.  

We are happy to help you with that testing if you'd like to share your LMS output file!

Sharon Blanchard

Hi community!

I stumbled across this post as we were experiencing a similar problem to Sindy's.  We were able to determine that the image was not showing up in the published course because we had objects set to fade in and the spacing set for the block did not allow the image to properly scroll and fade in. We found that adding extra padding to the top and bottom of the image block fixed it.