Knowledge Checks in Rise

Nov 11, 2016

Hey,

I'm wondering if you're thinking of creating a question type interaction within the blocks lesson? One that doesn't necessarily need to provide graded feedback, like the pre-built quiz lesson works. 

Thanks!

40 Replies
Teo Weihan

Thank you for your reply Ashley. I understand that Knowledge Check is not graded; quizzes have. 

The issue is, when quizzes are completed, the only way to progress to the next topic is to click on the "next/previous" button. However, I have disabled the "next/previous" button as I have built branching scenarios into my course. You can refer to the steps on how to enable branching scenario via Rise here. In the quiz, I am also unable to add blocks to allow interactive buttons to allow navigation.

So I am currently somewhat lost on how to proceed. I will need a particular section to be graded before i can move the learners to the next topic.

Could you advice on how to proceed?

Teo Weihan

Thank you for your reply Ashley. I understand that Knowledge Check is not graded; quizzes have. 

The issue is, when quizzes are completed, the only way to progress to the next topic is to click on the "next/previous" button. However, I have disabled the "next/previous" button as I have built branching scenarios into my course. You can refer to the steps on how to enable branching scenario via Rise here. In the quiz, I am also unable to add blocks to allow interactive buttons to allow navigation.

So I am currently somewhat lost on how to proceed. I will need a particular section to be graded before i can move the learners to the next topic.

Could you advice on how to proceed?

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Teo!

If you turn off the Previous/Next button navigation features, there won't be a prompt after the quiz to move to the next lesson.  Learners can potentially use the sidebar menu (if you have it enabled) to click to the next piece of content.

We're tracking a feature request to add another way to navigate from the Quiz Results page, in the meantime!

Joel MacDonald

How do I stop the right and wrong answers from showing? I see below someone asked for the ability to toggle the 'Try again' button as visible/hidden. That would help a bit because it certainly is redundant to have it there if Rise is going to show learners the answers. Am I missing something?

Nicole Legault

Hi ELO UPEI, 

Thanks for your question! It looks like you're using a knowledge check block and not a quiz . In the case of knowledge check blocks there isn't a way to disable the try again button right now. We have a feature request logged for this ability and we'll add your voice to the discussion.

Please let us know if we can help with anything else. 

Maria Salomone

I just saw a post about functionality being added to turn off the "Try Again" button and wonder if that's been made available yet?  I don't see the ability to or maybe I'm just not finding it and wonder how if it's possible. We would like to be able to turn it off on knowledge checks when the user has answered questions correct.  

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.