LMS (Docebo) not marking Rise module as complete

Apr 22, 2021

Hi all, 

I am having some issues with my Rise modules on LMS (Docebo). 

it's a wired case where some users are stuck in "in progress" status, while other users are managing to complete the course. (important to note that I have checked this several times with my team, we have done the same thing in the rise module, completed the same interactions required, and for some reason only some of us managed to mark "complete" while other team mates were stuck on "in progress". 

I'll point out that I haven't found any pattern as to why this keeps happening for some users. 

I sent this question also for Docebo, but haven't received a valid and very helpful answer so far, and thought to check if this is a common Rise issue. 

I am exporting the Rise modules as TinCan file, with 80% progress to complete. 

Thanks in advanced for all responses, 

17 Replies
Hazel Bartolome

Hi Ronit!

I'm sorry to hear that.  I would suggest to troubleshoot your TinCan API file in SCORM Cloud to check if the behavior is the same. SCORM Cloud is an industry-standard testing engine that's free and supports AICC, SCORM, Tin Can API (xAPI), and cmi5 content.

This video tutorial demonstrates how to use SCORM Cloud with Articulate content.

You'll also find some helpful LMS-troubleshooting tips here.

If your course works properly in SCORM Cloud but not in your LMS, kindly a support case and share your SCORM Cloud findings with your LMS provider to troubleshoot the issue. 

Hope this helps!

Tiffany Shogren

Hey @Ronit! Just wanted to let you know we're experiencing the same issue with Rise courses; however, they are SCORM 2004, 4th edition. There's no rhyme or reason to why they are not recording completion/scores consistently. 

We did see unusual user behavior where users were opening multiple courses at the same time so we changed the learning path to sequential but we are still running into issues. 

All courses work and record fine on SCORM Cloud. Docebo has no insight into the cause. 

Hethyr Fouse

I don't know if this will help, I've read that Docebo works with 3rd edition, 2004 and xapi. Each one provides different issues for our courses, with the 3rd edition seeming to be the most accurate/best functioning (except when getting results, it still shows a "red x" for survey results). xapi does some wacky things in our docebo platform. Hopefully that helps. :) 

Angelica Elliott

I am also exporting Rise to Scorm 1.2 and learners are continually contacting me that they complete a lesson but it doesn't mark as completed. They are continually frustrated, I have changed export settings and contacted our LMS and they believe it has to do with how we export the tracking settings from Rise. Now I am just leaving 0% to complete so hope this helps. Not sure what to do next??

Renz Sevilla

Hi Angelica! Thanks for reaching out! Can you please try testing this on SCORM Cloud with Debugging enabled? If this is working in SCORM Cloud, you can share these logs with your LMS admin so they can compare findings.

If you still have trouble on SCORM Cloud, please open up a case with and we'll be happy to take a look!

Annie Woodle

We are also seeing this incomplete issue with Rise in the Docebo platform...

• Export: SCORM 2004, 3rd Edition 
  • Tracking: 100%
  • Reporting: Complete/Incomplete

I would love to hear if anyone has made any progress on this issue. It is so random and we have been unable to duplicate it to be able to meet all of the requirements requested on the Docebo ticket.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Andrew! I'm sorry to hear that learners are getting stuck in progress in Docebo. I have a few questions that will help me narrow this down:

1. Did you publish the course as SCORM 1.2, SCORM 2004, or something else?
  2. Are you tracking percent (%) completion, or quiz score?
  3. Have learners shared a screenshot of where they are getting stuck? If so, have the all reached the very end of the course? 
Stuart Johnston

Hi All,

We've been having the same issue (different LMS) for several years now.  We've tried switching from SCORM 1.2 to xAPI and eventually to SCORM 2004.  We've even tried completely rebuilding our packages from scratch.  SCORM 2004 seems to be the most workable version but we still have intermittent issues.

We put approximately 2,000 people through our eLearning per month and we have had roughly 7 users per month reporting issues since November 2022 (that's the ones we know about, who actively contact us to report the issue - who knows how many others just grit their teeth?).

What's strange is that we seem to go through periods of months at a time where we do not hear about any issues from users, then suddenly (and without any changes to our packages), we get these little spikes in the numbers of issues.

We've worked with Articulate, Rustici Software and our LMS provider over the years to do various testing, reviewing launch history and testing various settings changes, but we still get these issues.  Its so frustrating, costly, time consuming and difficult to isolate.  I have spent much of my full-time capacity in the last 2 years doing troubleshooting, requesting meetings and trying to investigate in addition to manually restoring user progress!

I have ensured that all our pre-course information informs users that this is a web-based application, and prompting users that they should ensure that they are using a supported browser to launch the course, use a stable internet connection, perform software updates on their devices before launching, and to exit the course properly when not actively using.

Some good tips we have had over the years are below - my hope is that this information may help those on this thread to resolve their issues.  These tips have helped us reduce the issues, but sadly have not resolved them:

1. After exporting the course from Articulate, and prior to importing to your LMS, open the scormdriver.js file within the SCORM file, and ensure the following settings:

var EXIT_SUSPEND_IF_COMPLETED=true;

var EXIT_NORMAL_IF_PASSED=false;

2. More recently, we are now looking at the following settings (though, i'm unsure if these are LMS settings or SCORM settings)

CompressRecordResultsPayload

UseDeltaRecordResultsPayload

Anyway, my hope is that this information helps some of you out there, somehow.

Sincerely, 

A very tired and frustrated Articulate customer.

Andrew Maranta

Hi Alyssa,

We have tested multiple different versions of the package and all are having the same issue. Currently we are using the XAPI output. We are tracking the % completion. We have our courses split up into modules, so there would be multiple XAPI packages that the user would go through. The issue is that the student will complete the module (aka the rise package) and the course will show 100% complete, but the completion status doesn't get passed to Docebo. So students are stuck with a 100% complete XAPI package, and Docebo still see's them as "in-progress" and they can't move onto the next module. Our volume of users is quite high, upwards of 20,000 students and this issue seems to be affecting about 1% of users, but with such high volumes it's a strain on our team.

Thanks,

Andrew

Jose Tansengco

Hello Andrew,

Sorry to hear that you ran into this issue.

Since the issue is only affecting a small percentage of your learners, I'd like to ask a few questions to help clarify the experience: 

We'll need to be able to replicate the behavior consistently to get a better understanding of what's happening. If you're comfortable sharing a copy of your Rise 360 course with us, open a case with our support team here so we can take a look.