More question types

Nov 16, 2016

Are more question types going to be included? It seems that only a multiple-choice (single answer) option is available. Would be good to see multiple-choice (multiple answers) and sorting questions etc.

135 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Bhavik,

We're working on the question types, and should have multiple response ready very soon. We'll share here once it's released! 

Katherine, if you don't see the button as Joe pointed out, can you let us know what browser you're using to create Rise courses? You'll want to check that you're using a supported browser such as Chrome or Firefox. 

raheel khan

The lack of Multi-choice answer is a major set back for Rise. This is compounded by the fact that the roll out date for this enhancement keeps getting pushed back, which indicates that you do not understand what is important to your customers. There are plenty of users wanting Multi-choice answer functionality but our needs are not being met?? I now have to think of another platform to host my test.

Hi all,

You beat me to it this AM! We did release some new question types for Quizzes in Rise. Take a look at the details here. 

We'll keep you posted as other new features are released for Rise! If there are other things you'd like to see included, our product team loves hearing new ideas -- share yours with us right here. 😁 

Stuart Marshall

Good to have these for the quizzes but what is the reason for them not being available to use in a knowledge check? From the post you linked to above: [The new question types] "are available for quiz lessons but not knowledge check blocks".

I almost never use the pre-built lessons as they are so restrictive. The more I can do within blocks the better.

Hi Stuart,

We're looking at combining some of the prebuilt lesson types into a blocks lesson, and I know labelled graphic has been the most requested, and up next for our team to work on. I'll share the feedback about quizzing as well with our team.

In the meantime, perhaps the quiz could be the final lesson you use? You can add as many quiz questions as you'd like, and they'll all be tallied at the results screen. 

Ashley Kirstein

Hi,

Looking forward to getting to know Rise better as I use it more. I'm wondering if I have the right understanding on the differences between the Knowledge Check and Quiz blocks:

A Knowledge Check block is best for when the goal is to give learners the opportunity to informally gauge their knowledge before they move onto additional instruction. This type of block cannot be graded or tracked via an LMS.

A Quiz block, by contrast, is an opportunity for the learner to truly test their knowledge and receive a score. Only one Quiz block is trackable via an LMS per Rise course, right? Is there a way around this in Rise?

Thanks for setting me straight!
Ashley

Leslie McKerchie

Hey Ashley!

That's correct! The knowledge checks are not graded, and won't be included in your score that is passed to the LMS. 

If you'd like to track a users' answers towards a passing/failing score - use the Quiz lesson type, and then choose that quiz result as you tracking option for your LMS. 

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Grahame,

No apologies needed and that's a great question. Looks like you found the options available to you, images and videos.

For your example I can see why audio would be important to you and I'll share this suggestion as a feature request.

In the meantime, you can check out this article to see where you can use those audio files if needed.

Wayne Judd

Hi,

Can I just check that a Question Bank is still not possible in Rise as I've had a few requests for this recently?

If it's not possible can you build a quiz using a question bank in Articulate 360 and import it into Rise whilst still being able to report on the result if publishing to an LMS?

Thanks,

Wayne