New Rise Feature: Labeled Graphics Block

Jun 19, 2018

Have you ever wished you could incorporate a labeled graphics interaction in a blocks lesson? Now you can!

With this great new Rise feature, you can add multiple labeled graphics interactions to the same lesson or mix and match them with other block types. It’s up to you!

Check out this video to learn more about labeled graphics blocks.

Can’t wait to see the amazing lessons you’ll create with this great new feature. Enjoy!

66 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Mary,

The markers on a labeled graphic will pick up the accent color that you set in the overall course seeing for your Theme, and that color will appear in the white marker. Perhaps choosing a different "Marker style" would make the color pop a bit more? For example, the one with the center dot is a bit more noticeable: 

Eduscape Partners

1) In response to Erin M's post about the other blocks (process etc), it would be great to have the matching option as a stand-alone block. Right now, it's only a question option. 

2) Regarding markers, we have become partial to using the numbers. 1) It helps the learner keep track of of what they have selected and 2) it limits us as developers from not overcrowding an image with too many markers. We would love to see the ability to change the background, and have them change color (or just grey out) once they have been selected.

Thanks for everything. We definitely appreciate the frequent (and USEFUL) updates. 

Hi Erin,

We're working on some additional question types to include in the knowledge check block.  It's still "coming soon" on our “What’s New” page, but once it's ready, you can let learners review what they've learned with matching, multiple response, and fill-in-the-blank knowledge checks in blocks lessons.

Daniel Mitchell

I'm not seeing a way to adjust the colors of the pulsing ring around the icon for unvisited, hover and visited states. My issue is when using them over a nearly white image. It's nearly impossible to tell which labels have been visited, so users end up frustrated. Can I change this to any color? Or can I at least choose an inverted option for light colored graphics?

Hi Daniel,

The color of the marker in a labeled graphic is drawn from the accent color you choose for your overall Rise theme. It will change from a main white background with an accent color to the accent color as the background when clicked:

Also, once you click on a Labeled graphic, the pulsing will stop indicating that the learner has already visited that marker.