Problem With Rise Course In Moodle via Chrome, but not in Firefox

Jul 08, 2020

I wonder if anyone can help. I have a short and simple Rise course set to report passed/completed when a user completes 100%. It's exported for an LMS and set up accordingly in Moodle.

There are no storyline modules or quizzes.

When testing it reports fine in the LMS via Firefox, as expected. In Chrome, it doesn't report completed in the LMS. In both browsers, it correctly displays 100% completed within the Rise course itself.

The only way I can get it to work in Chrome is by enabling an 'Exit Course' button in the Rise settings. If a learner clicks this after reaching 100% it works. 

I'm pulling my hair out with this. Can anyone offer any advice. I don't want users to necessarily have to click the 'exit course' button.

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies
Karl Muller

Hi Gavin,

We don't use Moodle, but our LMS requires that students always use the 'Exit Course' link for the LMS to record their progress. 

There are several conversations about the Moodle issue in the Rise forums.

This is one of them: https://community.articulate.com/discussions/articulate-storyline/moodle-scorm-course-completion 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.