Problem with white bars when inserting storyline block in rise.

May 23, 2018

Hi,

Trying out Rise. It's great. I added a storyline block with the standard 4x3 dimensions and then a custom 800 x 570 and everytime I preview I see white bar top and bottom. I have the Menus & Controls set to off. Modern Player Style. I tried making the background transparent and then matching it with the color of the block. Nothing seems to work. 

Thanks

45 Replies
Mohita Kukreja

Hi Alyssa,

Just checking if there is an update on this issue?
When I first published my storyline file, a thick white border appeared on the sides but on republishing (without really making any changes), it appeared on the top and bottom. In the final version, it appears as a very thin line on top and bottom. 

Appreciate any update/help! Thanks.

Alyssa Gomez

Good news, everyone! We just released Storyline 360 Update 38 today!

This update includes a fix for an issue in Rise 360 where a white border would appear around Storyline blocks with custom background colors.

Be sure to update Storyline 360 to take advantage of this fix! If you run into any trouble, we're here to help. 😊

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Victoria! Are you using the latest update of Storyline 360? If so, you should no longer see a white border around Storyline blocks with custom background colors. 

If you're seeing this problem even when using the latest update of Storyline 360, would you mind sharing a screenshot with us? Thanks! 

Lea Agato

Hi Joey, I'm sorry to hear that you're still facing this issue after updating to the newest version of Storyline. Can you share your files here? We'll be happy to take a look at them to see what's happening.  If you prefer to share these privately,  you can upload them using this form, and our support engineers will get in touch with you directly! 

Helen Dudley

Has this bug been fixed.   I want to use the modern player when I publish SL activities in to a Rise interactive block but not have a black or white line above and below my SL activity.  I often like to use a different background colour for the interactive SL blocks - as opposed to black and white.  I can't understand why this hasn't been fixed. 

Helen Dudley

Hi Alyssa.  Has there been a resolution to this problem.  I am getting pretty frustrated with the black or white horizontal top and bottom bars  that show up when an SL activity published with the modern play is uploaded into a Rise course.  I like to have the background of my interactive blocks tie in with my SL colour scheme so that I have a seamless look.  The black or white horizontal bars in the modern player make my output look tacky.  Is this such a tricky fix?

Renz Sevilla

Hi Helen! Sorry to hear you're still experiencing this issue. I'd like to invite you to open up a case with us and please let us know the following:

- Storyline 360 version you're using

- Browser and browser version you're using

Please submit a case here along with a copy of your Storyline file.

James Parkes

Looks like I am a little late to the party but experiencing a similar problem.

- The photo attached shows the line that appears above and below my Storyline Block. 

- Both the Storyline & Rise use the same Hex Colour code. 

- The Line does not appear when the storyline block width is Small or when the screen magnification is adjusted from 100%

The storyline block background colour overlays the borders so that shouldn't be causing an issue.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. 

Chino Navarro

Hi James, sorry that you are experiencing this issue. We would love to have a support engineer work with you on this. Please submit a case here and provide the following:

1. The Hex code that you are using.
2. The .story file of your Storyline interaction.
3. The browser and browser version that you are using.

Jay Pee Babala

Hello. I inserted a storyline block to my course and I noticed large white bars/space at the top and bottom areas of the block. It’s the same issue as the ones reported previously. Highlighted in the first attachment is where I am seeing the space/bars. The second attachment shows the slide settings (storyline). Hope to hear from you. Thanks. 

Christopher Santos

Hi Meta,

The white bars at the top and bottom of your block are related to the padding and surrounding margins. 

Right now, we have a feature request submitted with our engineers to allow for more options to adjust the padding and margin.  This should allow you to adjust it where the bars will disappear.  I'll make sure to update you once we hear an update from our team about this feature.

Sara Kuntz

I am having an issue with this.  Showing black bars for storyline block.  Storyline player is set to Light/white. Rise block set to white background.   ONLY goes away once you select the play button to start the storyline interaction.  I would like the black bars to not be there even if user did not select play.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi there, Sara!

Do you have an audio or video file that plays automatically on your first slide? If so, the black bars above and below the slide are a part of the play button overlay that appears when you have media on your first slide.

Try adding an introductory slide before this one that does not have audio or video on it. Then, republish the content to Review 360, and update the Storyline block. The black bars should disappear!

Let me know if that helps! 

Laurel Rohlf

Hi still having this issue with inserting a Storyline block (no audio or video) into Rise.  Screenshot shows the undesired thin white bars above and below the block.  SL file also attached.  Note I tried adding an initial slide before the main slide but that didn't fix it.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.