Quiz in Rise - show incorrect answers only

Nov 14, 2018

Both myself and the students prefer the interface for the quiz in Rise. It also allows a one-stop learning material versus having to click on a separate component to do the quiz.

But one feature that's lacking is the ability to show incorrect answers only. I want students to know that their answer is incorrect without showing them the right one. Is this feature coming soon or do I have to settle for Quizmaker?

Pinned Reply
57 Replies
Allana  Plumb

Wondering if there's been progress on this - pushing learners back through questions they already answered correctly isnt ideal.

Another feature that would be useful would be an "abort" or re-attempt button in the assessment. If faced with 10 questions at a 100% pass rate and the learner gets the first one wrong, they have to click through the whole 10 questions with no chance of passing!

Failing these 2 requests, an instant re-attempt option could suffice as a work around until this thread's main issue is resolved

Gren Foronda

Hi Kate!

Thanks for your response! Sorry to hear that this feature isn't working for you when the course is published to Review.

Testing this feature, I've created a quiz in a Rise 360 course and set this to Show incorrect answers with feedback,  and published this to Review. The question correctly displayed the incorrect answer and the question feedback, without revealing any correct answers; see the screenshot below:

Show incorrect answers with feedback

One thing to check is the Feedback option that you've set for the question. You will need to set this option to Correct/Incorrect so that the correct answer won't be revealed, as shown below:

CorrectIncorrect

Let me know if this works, or if you have additional questions or clarifications!

Ambre Quinn

Honestly it's ridiculous that the quiz features don't have an on/off toggle for "show correct answers" and an on/off toggle for "Take Again."

At the very least, please update the default even if we can't be given controls. Normal/most common quiz functionality should be an option to Take Again without revealing the correct answer at the same time.

Showing the correct answer defeats the purpose of giving the learner another chance to think through the question. Because as it is currently, it's just "Ok, I'll take it again and check the box they just showed me is the correct answer."

PS. YES, I know I can program these in Storyline and insert a block. We just simply shouldn't have to on something this basic. Defeats the purpose of having quiz blocks at all.

Karl Muller

Hi Ambre,

You are not forced to show the correct answer for Quizzes.

You have these three choices:

• Reveal all answers
  • Hide All Answers
  • Show Incorrect answers with feedback

You can give learners immediate feedback and reinforce what they learned by showing the correct answer for each question after they submit their responses. Just select Reveal All Answers. And if you added feedback statements to any questions, learners will see those, too.

When you select Hide All Answers, learners won't see correct answers after submitting questions, nor will they see feedback statements that you added.

Select Show Incorrect Answers with Feedback and learners see their incorrect answers and question feedback without revealing any correct answers. 

Ambre Quinn

Thanks for the quick reply. I don’t see my original post for some reason so I hope the reply feature on the email I received works.

So there are no options that I can find for the Knowledge Check block within a regular lesson.

I’d love to see the options you are describing. Perhaps I’m not looking in the right place?
Here is what I see:
[cid:image001.png@01D97854.AEFE55F0]
[cid:image002.png@01D97854.AEFE55F0]