Recovering deleted blocks

Jun 11, 2018

Curious if there's a way to recover deleted block from Rise. Somehow several blocks disappeared from one of my courses and I'm hoping to recover them. Is there a version history that I ca access to track these down? Thanks! 

79 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi there, Allen.  Once the "undo" option disappears, your deletes are final.  However, it sounds like some of your content just went missing.

Can you open a case with our support team here?  Share your course URL, the lessons where the content went missing (if you can remember), and the last time you worked on them.  We'll see if we can help restore your content.

Alyssa Gomez

Hey folks.  I can definitely understand the frustration--it's not only time-consuming but also costly to rework projects when blocks or lessons are accidentally lost. We've seen other requests for a "version history" feature, and I'm going to bring it up to our product team again. If this get's added to Rise in the future, I'll surely let you know.

If you lost work without actually clicking the delete button, there may be something deeper going on here. If that happens to you, reach out to our team, and we'll see what we can do to help restore your content. 

Allison LaMotte

Hi Josh,

I'm sorry to hear you lost so much work, that's always super frustrating. I just thought I'd point out that when you delete a block, an undo button appears in the bottom left-hand corner of your screen (see screenshot). So if you accidentally delete another block, be on the lookout for that!

Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help. :)

Allison LaMotte

Hi Rebecca,

I'm sorry, that sounds very frustrating. Unfortunately, once a block has been deleted the only way to recover it is by clicking on the Undo button which appears for a few seconds after the block has been deleted. After that time, there's no way to get it back. However, it sounds like some of your content just went missing.

Can you open a case with our support team here?  Share your course URL, the lessons where the content went missing (if you can remember), and the last time you worked on them.  We'll see if we can help restore your content.

In the meantime, if there's anything else I can do to help, please let me know!

Allan McKinley

I am a huge proponent of Articulate and have enjoyed using Rise over the last year. But it is frankly dumbfounding that this issue has not been resolved yet. My workaround has been to literally copy new versions of courses as backup every time I add a new piece of content - clearly this is bad user experience and seemingly something that can be fixed easily. Can you elaborate on where this might be in the feature backlog at the moment? 

Allison LaMotte

Hi Allan,

Thanks for your feedback. I understand that you're frustrated that this feature hasn't been implemented and I totally get it. The waiting game is never easy! 

However, I want you to know that we're doing our very best to bring our users the features they want and need as quickly as possible.

We receive hundreds of feature requests every week, so prioritizing them is no small task and we take it very seriously. Here's an inside look at how that process works

I don't have an ETA to share with you at this time, but I'll be sure to share any updates here when they're available.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Casey Sim

Hi! Just wondering how long features normally take to implement? I am googling the 'undo' feature here and seeing posts from two years ago requesting this feature. As someone who just lost their work, and didn't realise until after the 5 second 'undo' button disappeared, I'm just wondering a normal timeline as the link you posted above doesn't give one. Thanks!

Allison LaMotte

Hi Casey,

I think the key thing to keep in mind here is that just because the feature has been requested doesn't mean that the feature will be implemented at some point. As explained above, we receive hundreds of feature requests every week so it just isn't possible to implement them all. Here's how we decide which features to implement and in what order.

The time it takes to implement a feature that we've prioritized depends on a lot of factors, so there's no way for me to give you an estimate. 

I know it's frustrating to be waiting on a feature and not have any insight as to if or when it'll be developed, but rest assured that as soon as I have more information, I'll share it with you here. Thanks for your patience!

Cheryl Powers

ugh.  For the first time, I just hit the trash can on the wrong block, trying to remove only the audio preceding the block that I inadvertently deleted.  This was my entire 7 step process block and my SME review had to be cancelled.  worst part is that I don't even have a way to see the text I wrote.  I never use rise because everything we have to do needs to be narrated and I just shot myself in the foot big time.