Rise and SumTotal LMS Quiz Details Reporting

Jul 21, 2021

Hi all,

We use SumTotal as our LMS and we've seen an increase in Rise used to build courses. I've noticed a few things that I'm hoping someone can help me with. We have a scored Quiz that gets reported to the LMS with the quiz questions, response and result. It's published SCORM 2004 3rd Edition, Passed/Incomplete, and Reporting is passed on the Quiz. 

A user completes the course to transcript with passing score. Use wants to review the course, so goes to their transcript to launch the course selecting REVIEW. 2 issues:

1. The review starts at the last position instead of at the start. If they completed the course (and quiz), they are returned to the Quiz. How do we make it go to the beginning? <minor issue since we have the navbar but still would like to get it fixed.
  2. The user exits at any time or even completes the course, the original quiz details are gone and are either missing (didn't get to the quiz) or replaced with the new quiz answers. See image 1 & 2 attached. <HUGE Issue> 

I've even published it as xAPI and it fixes the overwriting of data. But the quiz questions, response and result are not spelled out. See image 3.

I admit my background is Storyline, so any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I've tried everything I can think of. Thanks in advance!

1 Reply
Renz Sevilla

Hi Stephanie! Thanks for reaching out and sharing the details of your testing. 

I've opened up a support case on your behalf, and you should receive an email from us with your case number. 

Our team will be in touch with you soon!  In the meantime, have you also tried testing it in SCORM Cloud? We test with SCORM Cloud as it's industry standard for LMS testing and is a free service!