Rise Attachments exiting the course

Sep 23, 2021

I have a similar situation with opening attachments. We add PDf flyers and bulletins related to content via the Multimedia/File Attachment block. When a learner clicks on the file, it downloads correctly. However when they click on the file to view it, the course drops off, causing the learner to go back into the LMS and restart the course from the beginning. 

I believe this is an LMS issue, but I'm wondering from your experience, what settings do we need to change so the document will open in a separate tab and not cause the course to drop off?

Workday LMS

Settings are SCORM 2004, second edition, tracking using completion, reporting Complete/Incomplete, Exit course Link ON. 

Thanks - 

Carl Wright 

Content Developer

4 Replies
Hazel Bartolome
I'm sorry to hear that your course drops off when your learner opens an embedded file in the course. I would suggest troubleshooting your file in SCORM Cloud to check if the behavior is the same. 

SCORM Cloud is an industry-standard testing engine that's free and supports AICC, SCORM, Tin Can API (xAPI), and cmi5 content.

This video tutorial demonstrates how to use SCORM Cloud with Articulate content.

You'll also find some helpful LMS-troubleshooting tips here.

If your course works properly in SCORM Cloud but not in your LMS, kindly a support case and share your SCORM Cloud findings with your LMS provider to troubleshoot the issue.  I

If the behavior is the same in your LMS and SCORM Cloud, please open a support case with us. 

Carl Wright

We tested it in the cloud and it's doing the same thing.

FYI the support link in your message does not work.

Please respond on how to create a support ticket.

Thanks

*Carl** Wright* | Learning Content Developer
*email* carl.wright@wowinc.com *mobile* 706-580-6970
[image:
https://i.ibb.co/FDRdFxj/WOW-Email-Signature-WOW-Logo-600x64-final.png]

Hazel Bartolome

Sorry about that. Karl replied with the link (Thank you, Karl!) You can open a case by accessing that link.

It looks like your email signature came through when you replied via email. You can remove that if needed by clicking ‘Edit’ beneath your response. Here’s a quick Peek video if you need help.