Rise - change size of headers and lesson titles

May 10, 2018

When bulding courses in Rise I've noticed that it's impossible to change size of the header space (top marigin) or font size of the lesson's title. What I woud like to do is to get rid of all the empty space between the title and the first block of content. In the attached phot I marked the areas that I want to be able to edit. The final goal is to avoid scrolling down the page when I insert a Storyline block to Rise or just any other block of content or interactivity. I already turned off Previous and Next buttons from navigation and removed all padding from content blocks but it's still not enough. Does Articulate360 team consider adding such functions for editing marigins? Thank you

188 Replies
Susan Ranson

Can you add me to this please? I've created lovely Rise courses but I'm getting push back because the header takes over the screen on our laptops. I urgently need to be able to reduce the size of the header. As was said before, saying 'the software doesn't do that' isn't greatly helpful.

Kind Regards

Phoenix Cavalier

I'm in agreement with all the comments here. I also am unsure why the header has a dark tint, that I can't seem to remove. This is causing feedback from stakeholders such as, "Can you make this image brighter?" or "Does this seem a little dim to you?" and just today, "Can you make the icon stand out more, it seems dark - or it could be my screen."

These are not ideal comments, and currently I don't have a way to address these requests. To be clear, I'm not referring the opacity that can be adjusted in the small header, once a course is started, I'm referring to the starting header with the 'begin' button. This has a dark tint that can't be revised as far as I know. 

Also, it would be idea to have a 'show' or 'hide' option for the title. I know the LMS needs a "course title", however using a branded header, with our branded fonts used to create a title, we don't need the text overlay at all. 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Phoenix,

When you add in a cover photo, there's an option to change the Text Contrast associated with image and course title. 

I took a quick Peek of what that looks like here.  Is that what you're looking to change? You'll see the settings go from 10% to 90% and that allows you to always see some of the text and photo.

Also, you aren't required to add a Course Title - I took the title out of the example I showed, and you'll see that here:

Let me know if you need more help or I'm misunderstanding what you'd like to set up! 

Northern  College

I like to be added to the list of designers requesting to be able to customize the header, I love to have this feature to rid some white space. I noticed that this request was made about 6 months ago and I'm wondering how long it takes Articulate to respond to a very important fix/request as this. Please consider this request with priority.