Rise - change size of headers and lesson titles

May 10, 2018

When bulding courses in Rise I've noticed that it's impossible to change size of the header space (top marigin) or font size of the lesson's title. What I woud like to do is to get rid of all the empty space between the title and the first block of content. In the attached phot I marked the areas that I want to be able to edit. The final goal is to avoid scrolling down the page when I insert a Storyline block to Rise or just any other block of content or interactivity. I already turned off Previous and Next buttons from navigation and removed all padding from content blocks but it's still not enough. Does Articulate360 team consider adding such functions for editing marigins? Thank you

188 Replies
Allison LaMotte

Hi Calvin,

Unfortunately, this has not been released and I don't have any progress update to share. 

We receive hundreds of feature requests every week, so prioritizing them is no small task and we take it very seriously. Here's an inside look at how that process works

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Cass Netzley
Calvin Chung

LOL... I've read that the request was made about 7-12 months ago... Is this still in progress? Or is this already a feature? 

Try almost 2 years ago. See the below discussion thread where CSS hacks are discussed and demonstrated.

https://community.articulate.com/discussions/rise-360/articulate-rise-hiding-the-page-title-area

It's still one of the top items / 'asks' from our overall team (Development/Design/Delivery) when we have a review session about Rise content.

The BusinessAnt Consultancy / ej@TheBusinessAnt.com

Hi Allison,

Please add me to the list as well. Also my client made the request if it's possible to reduce the size of the "block-size" of the header text of a new chapter.

They are a pretty large international organization and want to create their own e-learning courses themselves: I introduced Rise to them as I find it the best software solution (with a very low learning curve for new starters). But some key players in this organization consider the "big blocks",  "not workable" and potentially a NO-GO to use Rise.   

Thanks for keeping us posted. 

The BusinessAnt Consultancy / ej@TheBusinessAnt.com

This person created a solution for it (via css). And I understood -while navigating thru a few discussions- this issue have been addressed before. 

The title marigins should be able to be adjusted or even be able to be swiched on/off. Does that make sense to you?

Thanks again for your prompt reply. 

Allison LaMotte

Hi Ernst-Jan,

I'm glad you found a workaround, however I just want to mention that we don't support modifying the CSS.

Thanks for your feedback. I understand that this issue is important to you, but unfortunately there's no way to adjust the margins natively in Rise 360 at this time. If you have time to log a feature request and tell us more about your specific needs, that would be super helpful!

Let me know if there’s anything else I can help you with.