Rise Course with Multiple Quiz Shut Down (Timing Out)

Jun 20, 2022

I have a course with multiple mini quizzes built in Rise. We have recently migrated from our previous LMS to Workday. In Workday the course will automatically shut down or time out in the middle of the first quiz. 

Some troubleshooting I've done: 

• I've removed the first quiz, it still happens with the next quiz. 
  • I've deleted and recreated the quiz and had the same issue continue. 
  • Changed quiz settings
  • Changed publishing settings. 

It appears that we cannot have multiple quizzes in a course. I only track the final quiz, but it doesn't allow the learner to get to that quiz. Not sure if anyone else has had this issue? 

2 Replies
Hazel Bartolome

Hi Rachel! Sorry to hear that your course is timing out.

I would suggest troubleshooting your file in SCORM Cloud to check if the behavior is the same. SCORM Cloud is an industry-standard testing engine that's free and supports AICC, SCORM, Tin Can API (xAPI), and cmi5 content.

This video tutorial demonstrates how to use SCORM Cloud with Articulate content.

You'll also find some helpful LMS-troubleshooting tips here.

If your course works properly in SCORM Cloud but not in your LMS, kindly share your SCORM Cloud findings with your LMS provider, Workday, to troubleshoot the issue. 

If the course encounters the same issue of shutting down/timing out in SCORM Cloud, open a case with us here so that we can investigate.