Rise courses not tracking properly on Chromebook?

Jun 17, 2021

Our company has created several Rise courses for teacher training delivery. We are seeing a trend that Rise courses are not tracking progress properly on Chromebooks. We can see progress in the database, but users aren't seeing in in their course. We are trying to narrow down if it a Chromebook OS issue, or if it's security settings within the district. Has anyone else had this experience? Note, we are using SCORM 2004 4th Ed. on a homegrown LMS. Settings are Complete/Incomplete 80%.  Thanks!

2 Replies
Lea Agato

Hi there, Michelle! I understand you're seeing an issue with your course when viewing it on Chromebook. You'll want to make sure that you're using a supported browser when viewing Rise. Have you tried viewing your course using a different device and see if you still get the same results? If you're seeing the same results,  I would also suggest testing your course in SCORM Cloud. If you encounter the same errors in SCORM Cloud, please open a support case here, and we'll be happy to work with you directly in troubleshooting your course. Let us know how it goes! 

Michelle Lasure

Thank you! After conducting some tests on a few different versions of Chromebooks on my team, we found that it was actually some permission restrictions placed on the Chromebook that this particular customer was using for training. It was a student Chromebook (she is a teacher), and was locked down tighter than Fort Knox! Thanks for the response!