RISE External Link Issue in Blackboard

Nov 27, 2017

I have created lessons in RISE and exported to SCORM and loaded in Blackboard. The lessons run fine except when clicking on external links. The external links open in the same windows and kicks the user out of RISE with no back button on the browser to return. I tried to search for a similar issue, but could not find. Is there a fix for this??

12 Replies
David Emmett

No problem - just to clarify - if you add the RISE course as SCORM - and then on the availability page - you set the advanced options (its a yes/no) - this opens more menus - in the launch behaviour set the SCO launch type to new window and the player launch type to frameset - you can still set the grading - this works for us on our Blackboard and records the grade and allows outside links to work

Dave 

David Emmett

Beth

I think we are on the latest version of Blackboard – however I am pretty certain that the functions have been there for a while under the SCROM adding – I don’t know whether this is the issue – but the “Advanced Options” edit SCORM Player Behaviour – only appears once a SCORM file has been added –check one you have already added

Cheers
Dave
Dr. David Emmett | Ed.D. MEd. Blitt (Hons) BA. DipT.
Learning Designer | Brisbane QLD 4037
Mobile 0416 688 550
d.emmett@qut.edu.au